I don't know what to do now

Maybe I'm being a baby about this. I don't know. I'll try to explain what I'm feeling right now.

So, obviously, I'm a writer and I spend a majority of my time writing. And I think I've gotten better over the years and I've gotten some good feedback here on mibba. I really do love constructive criticism. It just really helps me and I enjoy it.

The thing I don't enjoy is plain criticism. I usually handle it pretty well. Most of the time, that is. But this time it's different.

So I was letting a "friend" read something I wrote (this is a 'kind of' friend because I don't talk to him that often). And I thought he would give me constructive criticism so I can get better.

But when he messaged me back he told me that I should just give up writing all together because what I write is pointless.

And now I'm just extremely hurt. Nobody has ever said anything like to me before. And I don't even know what to do. I cried over it, because I don't want to give up writing. It's something I think I'm good at and that I want to keep doing.

But to get someone to say that what I write is pointless and that I should give up? It just really hurt my feelings. And now I don't know what to do. I feel like now nothing I write is going to be good enough. I just feel like I've failed at the one thing I thought I was actually good at.

I just feel really bad now. I don't know what to do about this.
October 25th, 2012 at 01:04pm