Is it the end or the beginning?

I feel alone in the world only to figure out that I'm not. I have a beautiful son that makes everyday worth the price I paid in loving his father for no reason at all. Sometimes people love the wrong people in the hopes that something might change their minds, but in this case it never happened. Now I have been left to be the Superhero that my son needed his father for which puts the pressure of potential failure to the test.
I am the type of person who looks at the world despite how horrific it is and hopes for the change of the greater good. I believe that everyone in the world has a will to change if they believe that they are strong enough and have a will to change. I know at first I was frightened that I wouldn't be able to raise my son before I had him, but then I thought about all those girls who are younger than me who have and can raise a baby on their own. It is amazing the power such a little life can have when you are in self doubt. In many ways my son has saved my life. If it wasn't for him I would still be trapping myself in a relationship from hell. The only thing that man knew how to do was be the boss and do whatever he wanted. He left me way before I ever walked away from him. Many say I was in the wrong when I did so, but my thoughts were on my son and his well being in the fact he wasn't born yet.
In the end of all of the hateful drama, I gave birth to the most beautiful baby boy in the world. Without him I would never have found the power inside to finally let go of the " what could have been's " and the wants, and give me the courage to pursue the thought of a better candidate for a father Superhero.
October 26th, 2012 at 06:52am