Pierce The Veil & Sleeping With Sirens Concert Recappp

I can't believe I even survived the show, honestly.
Here we go...

So, let me just start off by saying holy fucking shit was The Masquerade packed the fuck out.
It was a SOLD OUT show in a tiny little venue in the upper west side of Atlanta. The most 'famous' venue to use for personal, really intimate shows.

SWS and PTV were the headliners and then the supporting guests were Hands Like Houses and Tonight Alive... Now excuse my blatant distaste... but fuck Tonight Alive. They're so.. Ugh. I guess in general they're good and whatever, but I don't really like bands that are fronted by women... I really don't know why. I just never have. Paramore was the only exception, until I found out Haley Williams was a fucking phoneyyyyyyy.

Anyways, I'm off topic.

So, we get there and the parking lots beside and around the Masqu are FILLED the fuck up. We were confused because usually even with a sold out show, the parking lots fit the cars perfectly... Then we found out that the venue behind the Masqu was having this huge blow-out Halloween Haunted House... like why the fuck?

Anyway, we get a map from this ghetto-ass venue employee and go halfway the fuck across town to this Shriners church on Ponce De Leon like beside this sketchy Taco Bell, and then we had to pay 10 bucks to park...

They had a shuttle that was taking masses of concert goers from the church parking to the venue, and so we get off at the front doors and they’ve already started Hands Like House’s set. Which I was admittedly kind of bummed about because they’re pretty wonderful…

I was kind of rewarded afterwards though because while my friends and I were outside smoking during Tonight Alive, the singer, bassist, and drummer came down and bummed a cigarette, and then sat and talked to us. Inside I was kind of like skipping giddily but outside I think I was pretty composed. They told me I should come out to the next show so fuck yeah, maybe they’ll remember me. They might have just been trying to promote their band… whuuuutevz. Lmfao

So we’re sitting there through Tonight Alive’s NEVER ENDING fucking set, and then just randomly while no one but me and my best friend are looking, Vic fucking Fuentes walks up, and starts talking to me. Like he carries on this fucking conversation like I’m some regular Joe. Uh. Excuse me while I go throw up rainbows and glitter.

So he talks for a few minutes and thanks us for coming out, then smiles and waves and goes up the spiral staircase to the green room… At this point I feel like sobbing because fuck dude. FUCK. It was Vic. Jamie from SWS came by and smiled and kind of snuck up the stairs to the green room and I felt very satisfied because I was the only one that got the wave… lulz I’m a celebrity whore.

Anyways, near the end of Tonight Alive I ran upstairs and like crushed my way into the crowd for SWS.

Let me just tell you something about the douche bags at The Masquerade… They are rude, sweaty, and disgusting. I mean I’m suuuure they’re that way everywhere but you just don’t understand… there were parents there like waiting on the sidelines where their TWELVE YEAR OLD children were getting fucking crushed in the pit… I mean the bouncers (who I’ve had many a conversation with, and who are very considerate) were literally pulling them out of the pit and making them crawl off of the speakers and go over to the side… It was ridiculously stupid. And annoying.

And let me tell you something. I was getting entirely, entirely pissed by these little skinny sleazy scenieweenie girls like wedging their shoulders into my chest and pushing past me. Oh fuck no. Just fuck no. I shoved one back and gave her a dirty-ass look once. Felt nice.

So anyways, I eventually just get past all of this shit and enjoy SWS. Kellin Quinn… Oh Kellin. You wonderful, wonderful human being…

It was so cute because he would take spells at the beginning of songs, and show off his gorgeous voice. He would just sing acoustically for a minute an then the actual song would begin… c:

When they played “If You Can’t Hang” I filmed the entire thing and it was fucking intense. I mean it was the best thing I’ve ever seen. I was just… it was incredible. I got a few good pictures of Kellin but the Photography Major in me is going to do some post-processing before I show anyone.

Okay, so fast forward to the end of the set. I’m pouring sweat, and hot, and I’m honestly about to pass out from being pressed so close to all of those idiots… I have to go outside and get some fresh air and catch a smoke. When I came back inside for PTV, the vibe in the air was literally fucking electric.

I went around to the back where there was this huge open space behind the pit, and I had a PERFECT view. It was… it was amazing.

The crowd, when Vic came out, went so fucking crazy. It was deafening.

So okay. Now to the crazy shit.

By the third PTV song, there wasn’t a designated Mosh pit. The entire crowd was a fucking mosh pit. I don’t know if you guys know this (you probably don’t) or if your venue has one, but my venue has a bar. There were drunk bitches everywhere trying to fucking fight and mosh… it was ridiculous.

I’m getting hit, I’m getting slammed into. People are shoving and pushing… Then, Jesus Christ. Vic goes “You guys probably want to open up the pit and make a circle pit for this song. This is the fastest song we’ve ever recorded… So of course they form this entire circle pit where people are literally running in circles and beating the shit out of each other… I swear to God I have breast cancer from the stupid bitches slamming into me…

It got so bad that a cute guy beside me literally wrapped his arms around me and protected me from the crazy-ass bitches… He was like “Hey, I’m Foster. I’m sorry to be touching you like this but you were getting destroyed…” and shit I was so okay with it, lmfao

So fastforward 10 minutes and we’re listening to “Hold On ‘Till May” and suddenly a fucking body lands on me. Some idiot is crowd surfing. Then they all start crowd surfing. I got kicked in the head 8 times. And then I got fell on more than 10. One time this guy fell on me and kicked the shit out of me so when he fell to the ground in front of me I kicked him haaaard in the ribs… He just got up and starting dancing around again.

One particular time, someone knocked my glasses off and Foster had to help me find them. They were miraculously not crushed… I still don’t understand that one.

But. You think that was crazy? That’s nothing compared to the encore song when Kellin came out and they sang “King For A Day”… Holy shit all hell broke loose.

By this time I’m literally just jumping everywhere, screaming and going insane… Going fucking crazy. I’m singing at the top of my lungs, ramming into people, jumping… Someone tried to pick me up to make me surf but I said noooo Senor.

At the end confetti flew for minutes and everyone rushed outside to the shuttle…

It was the craziest experience I’ve ever had.
But it was the best as well.

I loved that concert so much. I’d do it again every night if I could.
October 28th, 2012 at 03:01am