Dear Every Avenue

Dear Every Avenue,

I have to say, hearing that you guys aren’t recording anymore made me Freak Out! That just Hit Me Where It Hurts The Most, made me Fall Apart, and left me Picking Up The Pieces. You don’t even have to Tell Me I’m A Wreck. I thought everything was Picture Perfect. Maybe some things were hard, but I thought everyone was Happy The Hard Way. Maybe If I Knew the reason it’d be somehow okay, but I can’t help but think Whatever Happened To You? This One’s A Cheap Shot, guys, and it hurt, it really did.

And I swear, I wanted to hate you after everything this news did to my Clumsy Little Heart, but in the end, I Can’t Not Love You. Because, Between You & I, you’ve always been counted among my absolute favorite bands. Nothing was supposed to ever come between us. There was No One But You. Where Were You? Always there for me. Your words are the Only Place I Call Home. It’s There Tonight that I can finally resolve myself with the notion of breakup.

Because when I Take A Step Back, I get it. Boys Will Be Boys. You couldn’t stand to sit back and Watch The World turn around you. You guys deserve new opportunities for branching out, seeking Fame and (Mis)Fortune, Chasing The Night, Trading Heartbeats. I know you’re looking for A Story To Tell Your Friends, and I hope you find it. Even though I’m still hoping that Someday, Somehow you’ll get The Hell Back Home and record again.

And though I’ll probably always dwell on the Days of the Old when you were a real band, I know Getting Out is important to you, and in the end, I support you, For Always, Forever. I’ll definitely Think Of You Later (loving your band is practically my Mindset, I know I sound like a Girl Like That one from the video, but Until I Get Caught Red Handed I’ll deny that implication). You’d have to Tie Me Down to keep me from that last show.

I hate Saying Goodbye, but in the end,I Forgive You.

Here’s hoping that someday you’ll get to formally Finish What You Started. I’d love to hear The Story Left Untold.

I’d give anything for One More Song.
October 28th, 2012 at 07:58am