Crazy Month & Hurricane Prepping

So to anyone that reads my Killjoy story, I greatly apologize for the delayed post. I'm currently working on chapter three, and I hope to have it posted by today.

October is a crazy month for myself and my boyfriend. We both work three days a week at a casino, we have mummers (string band for those who don't know) on Tuesdays, Sundays, and occasionally Saturdays if there's a parade, we worked at a haunted house on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (but that's now over), and we are trying to finish remodeling our bedroom.

Also, I live in Philadelphia, so if anyone has been watching the news, you'll know that I'm in the path of Hurricane Sandy, a.k.a. Stormageddon. It's currently raning steadily, with wind gusts of 80 mph. Everything around here has been shut down, and highways are restricted to passenger cars only with a speed limit of 45. The brute of the storm is supposed to hit Philly sometime this evening, so I'd like to get the next chapter of Until Forever Ends out today. I live in a house that's over a hundred years old, and I know the power will be going out tonight. I've been running around for the last two days trying to buy food that Coleton and I can either eat cold or heat on the stove, since we luckily have a gas stove. The supermarkets and Walmarts here have been nut houses, water selling out everywhere.

Needless to say, I've been running around like a maniac for the past two weeks. Like I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I will try to update Until Forever Ends sometime this afternoon, if the power stays on long enough for me to get a decent chapter out.

Again, I apologize for the delay, and in light of recent events, I hope you guys understand. To everyone else that's also bracing the hurricane, Coleton and I wish you the best of luck. Stay safe.

Shelly
October 29th, 2012 at 08:25pm