A New Hope

Sorry for the cheesy rip off Star Wars title, but hey, this is a new hope!

So tonight was the Fall Concert for one of the concert bands that I goto. Now, it's only a community band, so it's not the most steller, but hey, it's still a band that plays decently. As for tonights concert..myeh..we've had better ones, but I received a complement about my timpani playing that I consider to be a very good one: now the compliment was passed via my grandma who actually spoke to the guy, but in the audience tonight was a professional drummer, and I mean SERIOUS professional. He has played all around the world on a gazillion percussion and drums, and has played with many artists, some famous ones at that too but I dunno who, and he says that my playing, and style of playing the timps was spot on fantastic. This has to be one of the best compliments I've ever received seeing as it's truly coming from a pro in the business. It's along par of the NYU director shaking my hand and saying that he wanted me.

Segwaying off of NYU, my prayers and thoughts go out to the East Coast as hurricane Sandy strikes and moves along. I hope everyone and everything will be okay for you guys.

ANYWAYS to the point of the cheesy title:

After the concert and I was beginning to pack up my sticks and preparing to haul the entire percussion section back into the band room, Allison, the one I've spoken about in past blog entries, came up and apologized for ignoring my calls, and just me overall, cause just passing each other in the band room during rehearsal, she would barely glance and manage to utter a "Hi" as she rushed along her way. I'm a pretty lax'd guy and consider myself thoughtful and try to see things from others perspective in situations like that and knew that she was obviously preoccupied by a lot of things in her life, though the thoughts of her just not interested in me did come across my mind many times but was keeping the thought of not giving up quite yet and see what happens. Pretty much she has been UBER busy with school, EXTREMELY occupied with her job at a Halloween store, and was having a lot of drama from her ex-boyfriend, but has now dealt with him and is finally getting over it. School and work is slowing down as well, so overall a ton of things are being lifted off her shoulders and is turning into the Allison that I knew before all this happened. She wants to hang out soon, which makes me a very happy camper! I told her that I would call her soon as well so we can chit-chat, and plan a hang out, but I will be making a surprise trick-or-treat visit to her house tomorrow night :)

Another thing worth mentioning to keep to the theme of le title is that I'll be having a job soon!! But, I think that'll be another entry for another night seeing as this one is already pretty long, and that such amazingly wonderful news must be told slowly for those listening to be able to take it all in XD .

Anyways, till next time!
Cheers!
-Nathan
October 31st, 2012 at 06:46am