You only live once

Today in Chemistry, I opened my phone to the worst news. Mitch Lucker, vocalist of the band Suicide Silence, died earlier this morning due to injuries he sustained in a motorcycle accident. My body legit went numb and started crying in the middle of class. I've been listening to SS since I was in sixth grade and they were on of my favorite bands. Mitch Lucker was one of my heroes. Not only was he an amazing vocalist, he was just a straight up amazing person.

I've been crying off and on again since I heard the news, almost six hours ago. This just hit me like a ton of bricks. If I believed in god, I would pray for his family and friends. I can't imagine how they feel right now. My heart especially goes out to his young daughter Kenadee. If you haven’t seen pictures of them together, I’d suggest you look it up. I promise you it will break your heart.

The last tweet Mitch posted was a picture of him in his Halloween custom with the caption “The dead are living.” When I saw that, chills went through me. That was just hours before the accident. But when I saw he posted a picture of him on his bike just three days prior, I started crying even harder.

I’m not sure how many of you reading this actually likes Suicide Silence but if you do, you know they released an album a little over a year ago. They’re first single off that record was a song titled “You only live once” I listened to that song when I was driving home and I was crying so hard I had to pull over. The whole song is about how you should forget everything and just live life to the fullest. Mitch did just that. Which, in a way, makes this whole thing harder to bear.

They had another song on that album titled “Fuck Everything” When I first heard it, I thought it was kind of corny and didn’t really like it. But then after I actually listened to the words and I fell in love with it. It’s about how life is short and sometimes when you’re down, you just have to say “Screw this”

But as I was listening to this song earlier, one verse caught my attention.

“Life is short, I'll make it what's worth
With time well spent, time spent so well
So don't run away, just face the new day
Without a single fear in mind
Just take it one day at a time”

Those lyrics just… I can’t even put into words how I’m feeling right now. My heart is literally aching right now and my head hurts from all of the crying.

Why is It that all of these great musicians die so early? The Rev, Casey Calvert, Sid Vicious, Paul Gray, Jimi Hendrix, Randy Rhodes, Jim Morrison. Hell, even Michael Jackson!

I’m sorry this is so badly written. I just wanted to get all of this out. Thank you to everyone who took the time to read this. If you want to know more on what happened, here’s a link to a news article:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/01/mitch-lucker-dead-suicide_n_2061158.html

RIP Mitch Lucker 1984-2012
You will be missed, Mitch.
I'm so glad I had the honor of seeing them live two years ago at Vans Warped Tour.

You only live once so just go f*cking nuts
November 2nd, 2012 at 03:04am