Movember News!

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I really have bad friends. So for those who have no idea what "Movember" or "No-Shave November" is allow me to summarize. In Movember guys across the world go clean shaven the last day of October and for the month of November they grow out a mustache. In No-Shave November obviously they don't put a razor to their face for a month. Both causes are to raise awareness about Prostate Cancer and men's health. I take this very serious and have participated for the last five years. This will be my six years participating in some form. One of my "best" friends never even knew what it was. It blows my mind how self absorbed he is. At least I beat him in basketball. If not I probably wouldn't have heard the last of it.

But back to the main message. Prostate Cancer is highly ignored and the campaign of Movember has only been around 9 years. The idea has spread all over the world and has gained lots of support and raised a ton of money but it is still nowhere compared to Breast Cancer that seems to be promoted in every TV show and sports event for the month of October. I understand that this Cancer is hardcore and it sucks. Call me an ass if you want but Breast Cancer effects 1 in 8 women and has so much support and money raised for it. Prostate Cancer effects 1 in 6 men but doesn't get talked about at all compared to Breast Cancer. A lot of it has to deal with how society has taught men how to act. To pretend that they're an alfa male and nothing bad will happen to me. That is why something like this is so great. It's simple yet effective. It drives me nuts when women complain and say they're not going to shave their legs for the month because the man in their lives is participating and they don't like the scruff on their faces. Really? Can you grow up and be a little less petty and immature? I see men out there wearing breast cancer awareness stuff months later after their big promotional month is over. Buying merchandise at the Movember.com site is an easy way that women can promote the cause and participate.

If you are interested in helping, donating, or just trying to be apart of this great event you can join my team at http://mobro.co/BrianHeartbreak
November 2nd, 2012 at 06:34am