NaNoWriMo and Music

Ohhhhhhhh my goodness.
I cannot believe that after waiting for so long and planning out my story, NaNoWriMo is finally here and I feel like I'm doing nothing but writing! (That's a good thing.) I thought I'd take a break to blog, though. (Yay, more writing!)

How is everyone else doing so far?

I'm already doing far better than I was doing last year, but to be fair, I got started late last year.
I'm over 4,000 words! It doesn't feel like I've written that much, but if I continue at this rate, I'll reach 50,000 words before the end of November for sure.

I'm working on a coming-of-age novel, called Anchorage. It's about a girl trying to grow up amid sudden changes in her life, like the discovery of a half-brother whom she previously knew nothing about. I'm trying to make it have hints of comedy, as with all of my other stories. (I'm really big on humor.) Anyway, I'm pretty happy with how the first chapter came out and how I've portrayed the characters thus far. And chapter two is in the works!

I think music is probably part of what's been keeping me writing non-stop. I never write without music. It helps me think. Anyone else feel that way?

I've been listening to nothing but glam rock while I write Anchorage. XD
It's been all Queen and The Darkness so far, and I must say, they've been very helpful.
(I just want to say thank you to Freddie Mercury and Justin Hawkins. Your voices must have been bestowed upon you by angels.)

Anyway.

That's pretty much it.

But I always love to hear from other Mibbians and see how NaNo is going for them!
So go ahead and leave a comment answering these questions (or not):

1. How's your NaNo story coming along so far?
2. What music do you listen to when you write?
3. This isn't a question, but if you want some constructive criticism on your NaNo story plot, leave me a link and I will most definitely check it out!


Bye, loves.
~ Isis
November 2nd, 2012 at 10:07pm