Directioners, Don't Read This

Hello guys!
I am torturing myself, since my curiosity was piqued on the topic of 1D's new song, "Little Things"
And since I know some directioners will be reading this just to stan the f*ck out of 1D, I will elaborate first on the good things about the song.
ALL PEOPLE WHO LIKE THIS BAND, MAKE SURE TO READ THE WHOLE GODD*AMN BLOG BEFORE YOU GET PISSED.
Its sweet, and the melody is nice.
I'm sorry thats all I have to say. But I'll get to to more good stuff about them (I'm trying to be nice here!).

But the song just proves my point that attractive guys+poppy songs directed at insecure teen girls=One Direction.

God it makes me sick when they look at the camera with the big ol puppy dog eyes and you just know some girl is watching it and squealing because she thinks the song is about her.

I'm sorry! I think its fine and its great that these five men are making girls feel good about themselves, but why must women have attractive men telling them they're beautiful to feel good about themselves? I suppose its natural, but it just freaking sickens me that this is the way music sells nowadays.

Can't they write about something else? I mean, they have good voices, but please. Write something original and creative.

Counterargument:They're young and they haven't had many experiences to inspire the kind of music that gets remembered.
Second counterargument:Maybe they aren't very good writers (yet), but they have great voices. And there is a good aspect to writing songs that cheer people up when they're down.

But why must they sell with their looks? Ahh. Back in the day, when music was creative lyrics and melodies, and artists could be beardy guys who weren't attractive in their life.
No generalizations intended.
F*CK THIS SHIT I'M LISTENING TO FALL OUT BOY, B*TCHES.

And the sidenote: They're just starting, so I'm still listening for something that will impress me. I'm not completely condemning their careers, I don't hate them, and I don't hate their fans (though I don't, like the band, respect them).
So yeah. Skeptical disliker, not hater. Comment INTELLIGENTLY, please.
Live long and find slash (by the way, the 1D slash fiction is one of the things I do appreciate about them),
-Raroman
November 3rd, 2012 at 01:50am