Daily Blog Challenge Day 2

Top Ten Books


okay so these books are in no specific order i just couldn't really put them over each other. Too much thinking in detail about each one.

1. House of Night Series by PC Cast - This series is what makes me not puke at the thought of another vampire YA teen book. It slightly stays within range of basic vampire concepts and it sparkles makes sense. It keeps a well balanced plate of romance and adventure. Not to mention a story where a lead female actually accomplishes something without needing a man or friend by her side every second.

Image

2. Hunger Game Series by Suzanne Collins - I'll that admit started off slow but once the main event started I couldn't put the book down. Worded so i could picture every arrow shot and every jacker bee flying through the air. That is not a easy feat this day and age. Eyes scanning pages for what could possibly come next. A awesome series.

Image

3. Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber - a oldie but goodie. Not one of the most grammar profound or breathtaking books but something to read on a lazy day. It gives exactly what a pre-teen would and should expect a romance/vampire story to present. A light heartwarming book to add to any collection.

Image

4. The Maze Runner by James Dashner - A book that needs to be read slowy and savored. The thought process put behind this plot is one to definitly give claps too. In a class of its on that you can't really compare to any other dsytopian book. It leaves you with a sense of that can't be all? is it? and makes you start forming questions that need to be answered within the first few chapters.

Image

5. Matched by Ally Condie - Nothing warms the heart like a good your my soulmate romance filled with a lot of people trying to get in the way of your love. Going the distance for the one is made for you and not caring about issues in the way, esp the government. This book is one where you mostly know where it leads but still won't put it down for some reason. It stays with you even if it wasn't the one to make the top shelf of your bookstand.

Image

6. Divergent by Veronica Roth - This is one of those few books that you ask your friends did you read it yet? and if not you slap into their hands. Sadly its so good you probably wouldn't get your copy back for a while :P I must say it doesn't really stand out to much from the rest of the dsytopian books but the way the story is protrayed makes it all the better for some reason. The main character is also the type that could be related to by anyone. So it adds to the quirks as well.

Image

7. Gather Together In My Name by Tracy Thompson - Hmm this is a hard one to explain. First off it is out of my norm for books being an african american fiction, and all but that doesn't mean much. It's what the plot is about that makes me wipe the dust off of it every week. A riveting story of a man accuse of murder and dealing with death row and someone who's life now revolves around making sure the world knows he might not be guilty. A book that gives the unexpected to a storyline that seems it could become quickly redundant.

8. Numbers by Rachel Ward - A different look on the world from eyes that can see everyone's death date. Not the best gift to have I bet. This gift is bestowed upon a girl that only wants to live each day simple like the rest of the people around her. This boy that clings to living free and not so plain wants her to understand new thoughts on life. A slightly dark YA book that makes you feel the need to value things more in your life and start to value the people around you even more.

9. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - Another dystopian that breaks through the barrier. Why this? Because it can give the average person chills. It has the feel of reality to it that makes it really worthwhile to read. A look inside a world where everyone is equal but equal is not always looked upon greatly by everyone. Where being weird and ugly might be the key to savor against the world. Giving yourself up to be like another perfect face and body. Could be possible....

Image

10. Suck It Up by Brian Meehl - A vampire comedy/drama that makes you want to either laugh or roll your eyes but regardless of what action you choose you won't leave the book unfinished. What person doesn't want to hear about a vampire that sucks blood lite and nothing else? And becomes a overnight sensation with the world, in other words the first mega superstar with fangs. A cute little book to read when you're tired of reading something you have to think hard over.

Image
November 3rd, 2012 at 02:53am