Confessions of an Awkward Girl

Life is hard.

For some reason, I wasn't blessed with communication skills.
My daily communication consists of lots of stuttering and pauses, along with blushing, nervous laughter and sweating.
Perhaps I have some sort of social anxiety?

Anyway, today my father asked me to go to town and get some pizzas for dinner because my mom works nights at a nursing home and we didn't want her to have to get up and make something to take with her.

So, I go to the pizza joint, put in the order and wait on it. After I get it out to my car, I notice that the pizza my dad wanted is wrong. He wanted a thin crust and they gave me a handtossed.

For some God awful reason, unknown to me, when I go to explain the problem with the girl working at the register I completely forget how to talk. It went a little like this.

Me: Uhm, exuse m-me?
Worker: Yes, is there something wrong with your pizza?
Me: Uh, yeah. The, the uhm. The pizza is, uhm. It isn't wrong, but the uhm...
Worker: o.o
Me: I need thinner crust. It's too thick.
Worker: Uhhh, okay. We'll rebake it for you.

...Like, seriously? Who can't explain something as simple as pizza crust?
This is my life.
November 3rd, 2012 at 04:58am