I need guy advice. Help?

(For privacy, I'm changing his name to B)

On Monday, I got a friend request on Facebook by B. Since I've seen him around school, and we've been introduced to each other once, I accepted. That night he messaged me, and we just started talking. We've talked all day, everyday since then, and I can honestly say that I kind of like him. He's nice, polite, shares similar interests, and seems genuine.

I know for a fact that he likes me because his friends aren't very secretive. One of his friends, whom I also know, texted me saying "OMG I KNOW SOMEONE WHO LIKES YOU!" Then she proceeded in telling me that he thinks I'm really pretty and wants to get to know me better. That all happened Tuesday. Then on Thursday, I have science class with his two best friends; the minute I walked in they gave me a knowing -- slightly creepy-- look and asked me if he asked me out yet.

Okay, two things. A) I've only known him for a week. B) I've never been asked out before, and I don't know if I'm ready.

Like I pointed out earlier, I do like him. He's attractive, nice, and funny. But...I'd just like to get to know him better. One week isn't long enough for me. I just want to become closer with him on a friendship level before I commit to dating him so that way, we can realize if we still like the person, or decide otherwise, saving ourselves the tears and heartache. Do you get what I mean?

Also, here's a Facebook status he wrote, and I quote:
"Freak being single. On Monday, things will change." (censored)

Um. Wow. Okay. Now, I don't want to sound conceited or anything, but...I think that was about me. Another thing is that last night, he texted me saying "just saying, I think you're pretty cute and nice and awesome." To be nice, and honest, I said likewise.

I honestly don't know what to say if he does ask me out.

I do like him...But it's just too soon.

Any advice?
November 3rd, 2012 at 06:37pm