Can you decode my craptastic love life? Advice needed...

I think it's probably pathetic I'd have to seek advice on this from the web, but seeing as I don't really have a lot of friends, I'm on my own on this one. I'm going to do my best to explain the situation as clear as I can, but I doubt it -_-

Anyways, here it goes.

So I met this guy almost a month ago and the first "date" was pretty amazing. We hung out all day and at the end, we kissed. All was good. Two days later he invited me to go Halloween costume shopping where I then had met his friends, that went amazing too. After that we didn't text as much and I was a bit worried, but then he invited me over for movie night and of course, that went pretty good too.

But I notice after we hang out, he doesn't text as much. Rather he ignores me for like 2-3 days and it's annoying. I don't know if I should take it personal, but whatever, maybe I'm thinking too much into it. But it's like I don't know how to decipher this. He treats me like a friend, but when we're together he'll be affectionate towards me, but then he blows me off.

Here's where I began to question this whole thing. He texted me at school on Halloween and invited me over to his friends again where we went trick or treating. It was fun except for the fact that he ditched me for a while, seeing as he went to his friend's house who lived in the same area we were trick or treating. I didn't make a big deal out of it, but seeing as I've only met his friends once, it was awkward trailing behind them and wondering when he was coming back. I didn't say anything so it was fine right? Wrong.

After we came back from T&T, we went to Denny's and had a late dinner, and I was just amazed at the small things he would say in front of his friends. Just sexual things and no disregard for the fact that I'm sitting right there. I know guys will be guys when together, but I'm sitting right across from him, like it was just so rude to me. Granted the fact that we're not really together, I know I really can't say much. This is why I feel like he treats me as a friend rather than a potential girlfriend.

I felt just...embarrassed. Mind you I've never been in a relationship, so this is all new to me. I've never been intimate so hearing him talk about it was just humiliating in all honesty. Plus the fact that his ex was also at dinner, sitting across the way, that opened up another story about him and her, just wonderful! It put me in a really bad spot, and I admit I felt insecure, but I couldn't believe he would actually just say all the things he said in front of me.

I was pissed to say the least. I couldn't believe he made me drive to his friends house only for him to be gone most of the time and then make me listen to his past relationship. I'm bothered by this because even though he treats me like a friend, he says things that would imply we're together in a way. When I drove home annoyed so much I didn't even say goodbye to his friends (which I feel bad about because they're pretty cool) I was just so annoyed with him. He texted me later and apologized for ditching me and said soon we'll hang out just him and I, so I don't know.

I can't tell if he really likes me or just stringing me along. I don't know if he talks to other girls but I feel like if he did, he wouldn't keep inviting me places right? I get confused when he won't text me for days after we hang out, and I guess it's just a pattern with him. I admit I've become attracted him a lot more than I thought I would. That's what's most annoying about this whole thing :/ I moved here a month ago so I haven't really met any people yet, besides him and his friends.

I hope I didn't confuse you if you're reading this, but I don't know how else to explain it. Even though he still talks to me, I can't help but wonder if he's seeking out other people still. I don't want to be a filler until something better comes along for him, that's what it feels like. Maybe I'm being paranoid or insecure, but he keeps giving me these mixed signals, I don't know what do...

When we're alone he's really funny and sweet, even through the texts, but when we were with his friends, it's just so awkward.

And I'm sorry for even posting this, but yeah. Thanks for reading if you made it this far...
November 4th, 2012 at 03:24am