Ah, I am socially doomed.

I think the only reason why I still have a Facebook is because I try to connect with my past friends. That seems to be the only plausible way to do that, so, voila. If it has to be Facebook, so be it.
But I'm so sick and tired of it.
To be honest, it's...entertaining to see photos and posts by my friends. It's plain 'ol curiosity.
But I seriously can't stand Facebook any longer.

There are photos on there that say something like this:
"The world came from nothing, and people came from nothing, and the universe was made out of nothing and nothing is nothing. Yeah. totally makes sense."
And then it said, "Like if you hate Atheists."

Want to guess how many people liked that photo?
Jesus. It worries me that kids in this generation are so prejudiced toward others simply because of something as personal as religion. I was so fed up with it.
I posted a status that said something like this:

"I am so sick and tired of people these days. Just because someone isn't the same religion as you, doesn't mean that you should automatically hate them. I'm not a Christian, and I'm not going to say anymore. But most of my friends are, and I love them all the same. So why can't you?"
Yeahh, I probably added some details that I didn't actually say in my status, but it was something like that. Give or take a few words.

Ha, I think I have over 15 comments on it between three other people and myself.
One is my aunt, who is an Atheist as well and is very supportive of me.
Another is a guy who I've always known that is also supportive.
The third is a boy in my grade who is a Christian and kept wanting to change my mind.
And, there was actually a fourth guy, but he was kind of...too supportive.

Anyway. I think everyone realizes that I'm an Atheist now, and I'm socially doomed.
November 4th, 2012 at 04:16pm