In the end, we're all one giant, dysfunctional family and I love it

So I know I posted a blog about...two seconds ago, but I had an afterthought that I just had to get out there. I'm going to try and keep this as simple as possible but I can't make any promises.

Ever since I was young, I was proud of the music I listened to. I can say that within the past few years, my taste in music hasn't changed much at all. My Chemical Romance, Avenged Sevenfold and Blink 182 are my absolute favorite bands, for varying reasons that I don't feel like explaining in this blog. These are three very different types of bands, who resonate in three very different genres of music. I do listen to other bands of course in other genres, but these are my three core favorites who I owe a lot to. I can honestly say that their fan bases have made me feel at home, and as a whole, the punk/rock/metal fan bases, despite their differences, are a family as well.

The death of Mitch Lucker has been brought up a lot the past few days, but his death, whether we are SS fans or not, has brought us, this family, together. I'm personally not a SS fan, as I've stated in other blog entries, but I have friends who are and to see how distraught everyone is over losing him...it's heartbreaking. What's even more heartbreaking is how these One Direction fans (not all of them) can blatantly mock Mitch's death, saying how he was ''emo and probably killed himself'', how he ''didn't deserve to live anyway'', and how ''his daughter should just kill herself too''. I can't even begin to express how furious I was over hearing these things. Just because you don't like someone's music DOES NOT give you the right to be downright rude and disrespectful. I don't care how old you are; when someone dies, people are going to be hurt about it, and for these people to just insult a man who's passed away...I don't even know how they're human.

But what has lifted my spirits is seeing all of these fan bases, people who never even listened to Suicide Silence, stand up for Mitch and what is right. Seeing everyone band together, this dysfunctional family, gives me hope, it honestly does. It makes me proud of the music I listen to and the person I am because of it. When someone in the rock/metal industry dies, and I saw this happen even when The Rev passed away, we all come together in a time of need. That is what I think matters most. We are human beings.
November 5th, 2012 at 06:02am