the walking dead. (contains spoilers!)

Hey Mibbians.

So, who else watched the episode of The Walking Dead tonight? Cheese and rice. It was beyond crazy and unexpected! Honestly, I think it was probably the most intense yet. I mean, sure, Carl's shooting, the reveal of Sophia as a walker, and Shane's death were all pretty shocking; but two out the three I was expecting from reading the comics.

I knew Lori was going to end up dying. Anyone who has read the comic has pretty much been waiting for this day since the very first time we saw her and thought, "Wow, what an idiot." No disrespect to her, Robert Kirkman, or Sarah Wayne Callies (who's actually a very talented actress); but seriously, she was just ridiculous.

Regardless, though, this blog is not meant to bash Lori. I was very sad to see her go, especially in that sort of way. Honestly, I was expecting her to give birth, live a few days/weeks with the baby, and then get killed during the raid. That's how the comics turned out, so naturally, that's what I assumed would happen. Even when she spoke about knowing she wouldn't make it through childbirth, I still thought maybe, just maybe, she would end up alright. Boy, was I wrong. The moment I saw Maggie slice her stomach open...wow. I was completely taken aback.

The worst part of all, though? Carl and Rick. First off, I was already about to cry knowing Carl was about to shoot his own mother; then when he wore no emotion after doing it, I just wanted to grab the kid and hug him. No doubt will he be scarred for life. I know I would!

But Rick...Jesus. That was such a heart wrenching moment. He's frantic, running around trying to find them, and then all you hear is the babies cry, and I right away cringed. His reaction to her death was Emmy worthy, I think. It was so real. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Andrew Lincoln is just phenomenal. No other actor would be able to play Rick like he does, and I just enjoy him and the character so much.

Another thing I was somewhat surprised by, was the fact that they killed not one, but two, characters during this episode. Granted, T-Dog wasn't as important as the rest, but I liked him, and was sad to see him go. He died a very admiral death, though, I must say. He pretty much sacrificed himself for Carol, and now when I watch repeats of the first and second season, I'll definitely have a newfound respect for him.

RIP Lori and T-Dog!

I was going to add on some more Walking Dead questions and concerns to this entry, but it's late, so I think I'll do it tomorrow. Keep a look out! Thanks for reading, lovelies.

xoxo,
Jess.
November 5th, 2012 at 06:30am