Ex-boyfriends...

My friend Zoey slept over last night, and this morning called her mom to pick her up. Her mom was at work, so said no but then called back later and said that Nathan could pick her up instead. Nathan's my ex-boyfriend, so Zoey says "Mom, no! He can't come get me,"

I didn't hear her mom, but I'm assuming she asked "Why?"

To which I heard Zoey say "Because mom, that's her ex-boyfriend and he's with his new girlfriend, he can't come here,"

Then I realized what was happening, and informed them that I didn't mind if he came and picked up Zoey, that would just be ridiculous. Zoey knows me and she's well aware of the fact that I still love him, and she was only trying to watch out for me so that was nice. But the fact that I love him means that I want him to be happy, no matter what he's doing in life. If he loves his girlfriend and she's better for him than I am, then so be it. And really, who cares if we see each other every once in a while, I mean we do have a mutual friend.

When he got here to pick her up though, he showed off as usual. And guess who wasn't actually with him? His girlfriend. So he honks the horn like a dozen times as if it's a parade when he gets here, and Zoey decided to wait to open the door just to see how long he'll honk. He goes on for a little while, but then stops so she walks outside. As she's walking toward his van, he starts honking again. And I don't mean just little honks, I mean holding down the honk button as if he's trying to call to the Gods or something. Then, when she gets in the van, as he's driving away he continues honking! He continues until he's out of sight.

The stupid guy.

I was watching out the window obviously annoyed, and as he's driving off he looks over at me and laughs, then continues driving and honking. It's things like that that make me miss him. I love the way he acts like a jackass sometimes. And I love that face he makes.

Anyway, I've been really missing him lately and was sort of praying that I'd get to see him, even for just a second. You know, I just wanted to see him in person but we don't talk anymore, so it's hard... so seeing him, and him making a scene like he did... it made me happy.
November 6th, 2012 at 03:24am