Is it safe for teenagers to go see rock and metal concerts?

I think it is, but then again, I am only fifteen. My parents think otherwise, making this topic a very arguable topic in my household.

I want to see bands such as Whitechapel, You Me At Six, Of Mice and Men, Slipknot, Asking Alexandria, Bring Me the Horizon, etc., live in concert. All of the venues those shows are normally at are bars or clubs. They still let underage kids in, in some cases you need to be with an adult, while in others there's no restrictions. Since the venues closest to me are the House of Blues, Whiskey a Go Go, and Chain Reaction, they think it isn't safe because of the elements there. They say that all of the alcohol, drug usage (if any), and the type of crowd that goes to the shows I'd like to see, are all factors to why they always say no. To simply put it; they think it's not safe for a fifteen year old to go see shows like that at those venues.

I get their point, but the thing I have a problem with, is that if it isn't safe, how come kids 4 years younger then me go and have a good, safe, and fun time? Nothing happens to them. Why are you so dead-set on thinking I'll die or get hurt if I go? (I know if I'm in a mosh pit I'll get hurt, but that's not what I was referring to.)

Do you think it's fine for a fifteen year old to go see shows like that? If so, why or why not? Also, if you've wen't to a show like this before, explain what it was like. Did you have a good experience? Was it safe, or did you have a horrible time and never want to go to a metal concert ever again?
November 7th, 2012 at 02:10am