My weekend of champions.

So, over my long weekend, I went to my last marching band competition of the season and I slept for a really long time. Since my school was a polling place for the election, I got school off Tuesday, and I also got off Monday since we had some sort of teacher development stuff and students weren't required to go to school. Fun huh? Well, the competition I went to was the Missouri University Champion of Champions marching festival or something like that. Lindbergh got 3rd in 5A Gold Class and 3rd in finals competition. I was very happy then this happened, and we had a fantastic season for 2012. Grand Champion of Metro East Marching Classic, 2nd Place Blue Springs Golden Regiment Invitational, 18th place BOA Saint Louis, 3rd place Champion of Champions. Not too shabby. Not shabby at all. For this all to happen in my freshman year too is fantastic, and I am honored to be part of something so awesome. Now on to winter guard.

So, another thing I did this weekend, (Not that you care, oh reader you) I went out to my family's lake house. It rained for most of the time and I didn't have to do yard work. My puppy was in the kennel so we could even light candles and have a fire without having to worry about the little bastard jumping everywhere. I love my dog, I really do, I just hate it when he counter-surfs all the damn time. Loki (My puppy) is a Basenji, so he is all bite, no bark. We took him home yesterday and he is soft now. He also smells like fruit.

So, this sums it all up. I am failing at NaNoWriMo by the way.
November 7th, 2012 at 06:04pm