Obama 2012!

Oh my god.
I literally could not be happier.

I was actually nervous for a second there when Romney and Obama were tied.
But the better man won!

And even more exciting, Washington (my beautiful home state) passed R-71, legalizing gay marriage and making marriage equality a reality! True, not all of the votes have been counted, but I believe it'll be passed officially. We also approved I-502, legalizing the use of marijuana. The good news about that? Being caught in possession of marijuana won't earn jail time (provided that you're 21). Before the initiative was passed, the possession of marijuana would put you in jail for longer than a DUI. However, all of the new regulations on marijuana that come with the initiative being passed might make it more difficult for people to get it for medical purposes.

I'm mostly excited about R-71 being passed. Everyone should have the right to marry whomever they want, regardless of gender or sexual orientation or anything else. Also, congratulations to Wisconsin, for electing the first openly gay Senator, Tammy Baldwin! I think this election year, we've made a lot of great strides as a country.

Now I'm just waiting for all of the votes to be counted for Washington's governor. It's between Jay Inslee (who I'm rooting for all the way) and Rob McKenna, and even though Inslee is leading heavily, McKenna won't concede! What a sore loser. Washington hasn't voted Republican in 30 years and we're certainly not going to start now!

Wow.
I just.
So happy.

I'm actually proud of my country.
November 7th, 2012 at 08:38pm