Possible story idea up for grabs

This is an Idea I had. I'm not sure if its been done before or not but It was really interesting and kind of twisted when I thought about it. So I wrote it down. I can't write for men, and I don't believe I can portray the emotional intensity I want for this story. So I might offer it up for someone else to write if they want it. I'm not sure yet, but here's the summary of it.

I call it Searching For Sarah

Not all of the details have been worked out.

While writing a book on the life of a killer a man comes across a collection of journals all written by the same girl. The journals date all the way back to her 14th birthday and the last journal ends in the girls early twenties. Each journal mentions the life of the killer in them, as she was the killers daughter though unbeknownst to her. The writer reads the journals. Knowing what he already knows about the serial killer he interprets the signs that the girl doesn't understand herself.

As he delves more and more into the girls private journals he starts to fall in love with her. When he reaches the end of the journals he knows there is one more out there that he needs to find. The last journal is incomplete and cuts off one of the entires. He knows there is more to this girl. And he NEEDS to find it.

Having interviewed the serial killer, he is told that his daughter ran away a few months after the journal entry in the last book he has in his possession. He asks the man if he happens to know where the last journal is and the serial killer smiles and shakes his head.

The man becomes even more obsessed with the journals he possesses and the story of this girl. From what he has read the girl had no reason to run away and no reason to disappear the way she did. He researches and dissects every page every words every letter and the way she crosses her Ts and dots her Is. He knows everything he can about her.

He starts asking around, the friends that were mentioned in the journals all have no idea why she ran away, why she would leave without telling them. And none of them know where her last journal could be. Most didnt even realize she kept a journal. The one person who did was an old flame that the girl mentioned. He knew where she hid the journals having stumbled across one while they had dated as teenagers. The problem was that she kept them in a secret compartment in a dresser. A dresser that had long been apprehended and sold along with the rest of the property.

Apprehensive about working with the man who had a real relationship with the girl he loves the writer is careful to keep his feelings hidden from him. They track down the auction house where the prices of furniture were sold from and tracks down the new owners of the dresser. Explaining to the family what they were looking for they find the girls last journal and leave with it.

The writer and the ex go back to the writers hotel and read through the pages of the journal, through the pages the writer and the ex see that the girl is starting to put the prices together of what her father truly was. The writer assumes that this realization is probably the reason she ran. But half way through the journal, it ends. There are no more entries. The girl hasn't yet put the pieces all together and what's more there is a blood stain on some of the pages.

Horrified the ex leaves but the writer is frozen. Before walking out the door the ex tells the writer "if she was alive there is no way she would have left these journals behind". Then it hits the writer. The next day he manages a private session with the serial killer and confronts him with his daughters journal. He nearly beats the man demanding he tell him what happened to the girl. The serial killer smiles and says "She's in the stars now."

The writer punches the serial killer and is escorted from the prison by guards. Having studied the serial killer already he knew that her being in the stars meant that she was dead. And he knew there was a good chance that he knew where the body was buried . The serial killer had loved burying his bodies in clearings. And his normal dump site had been searched and picked to the bone looking for more dead bodies. The only other clearing even remotely close to them was probably where the body was buried.

The writer drives to the clearing and looks for the three rocks that would be covering the grave. He finds it and begins digging. At first with a shovel but when he digs log enough without finding the body he grows desperate and starts digging with his own hands. Eventually he feels the plastic of the tarp the body had been wrapped in. The writer pulls the body bag out of the earth and calls the police saying he'd found another victim of the serial killer.
The body was a decomposed skeleton by this point. It had been a year since this girl had gone missing there she was. The daughter of the serial killer dead and gone. With only her journals left behind. And there the writer was with the corpse of the woman he had loved but lost before he had even gotten the chance to meet.

Girl- Sarah Howard
The Writer- Ben Quentin
The Serial Killer- William Howard (Aka the star maker)
The Ex- Brandon Nellson

Names besides the girls and the serial killers title are up for change just quick ones I came up with. I might let someone else write this one. But I definitely want some credit for the concept, this is my baby, if you are interested please message me about it. I would love to see people interested in this!
November 8th, 2012 at 08:32am