Why is it considered weird to have friends online?

Honestly. I spent all last night texting Ashlynn who I met on here and I can trust her more than I can trust anyone I know 'in real life.'

I live on and off with my closest 'real life' friend Jaykob and last night Ashlynn and me talked a little about how people shit on the idea of knowing and befriending someone you haven't even physically met in person. Jaykob knows I talk to some people online but no one else does. But last night I couldn't sleep and he wouldn't stop talking so I was like whatever I'll talk. So I asked him what he honestly thought about me talking to people online and he said it's weird. I said why and he said because I have no proof of them being 'real.' But why would someone fake liking me when they don't even know me in real life? If you were going to you wouldn't give me your number and talk to me all night. That's not exactly fake if you ask me. And he said he thinks it's the same thing as me going up to a stranger on the street and telling them everything about me.

What? No not even close. I genuinely think Mibba is a trustworthy site and there are no mad creepers on here and if there are I haven't met any. It's a WRITING community not a porn site. And everyone is close to my age. No one asks for nudes. It's not that kind of site. Walking up to someone on the street and giving them useless information is totally different. At least I think it is.

I know I asked for is opinion but it still pissed me off. He said I needed human contact to maintain a friendship and yeah that's totally right. Just texting or just calling someone on the phone doesn't cut it when I know them in person because we have the option to actually see each other. But when it's someone online who lives on the west coast while I live on the east, we don't have the option to see each other so we settle for the next best thing and I'm okay with that.

Jaykob won't leave me alone about it now too. Every time someone texts me he's asking if it's real or fake. Shut the hell up.

Remember when my hair was purpley blue? This is before the purple got added I forgot about this picture. So gross.

Image

It's red now though. c:
November 9th, 2012 at 09:11pm