Crying in the middle of history class. Bullies are assholes.

Yesterday, my history teacher (who was mentioned in a previous blog about cuisine not being a Canadian type of lasagna) was telling us about his experiences with bullying. Most of them were about how when he was our age, the kids in his school used to urinate and spit in his shoes before and after football practice. They would push him down and constantly make fun of him. He got through a few incredibly disturbing and sad stories before the bell rang.

Today, somebody brought the stories back up, asking him how he felt about all the bullies and how he coped with everything. He told us that he had tried to commit suicide throughout middle school and high school. He had tried taking bottles of pills with hard liquor. He told us that one time he had a knife to his throat and was seriously contemplating just doing it.

It made me so sad and actually brought me to tears because he is honestly the best teacher I've ever had. Coming to a new school has been hard, and I don't know what I would have done if he wasn't here just to make my days just a little bit better.

I'm so happy he didn't succeed.
November 10th, 2012 at 02:00am