Fans Insulting Fellow Fans. (STFU)

Initiate rant: Guys I just started using tumblr recently for a project in one of my classes, and I'm sure as many of you know you can follow certain tags such as: certain bands.

Well I stalk the Motionless in White tag;naturally them being my favorite band I like to keep up on their projects and shit. However I never realized how some of their fans are so completely rude.

Early this morning I scrolled past a post that was severely dissing those who write fan-fiction, now you guys know I write fan-fiction. So I couldn't ignore my curiosity I had to read it. This fan went on a rampage on how fan-fiction gives the band a bad rep and how it was disrespectful to the band to write it.

They also went on to say, something about Chris and Devin's girlfriend and how people need to back off of them because and I quote "They never did anything to you." To be honest, I didn't even know Chris had a girlfriend I thought he was still hung up on the last chick he was dating so I could care less about that comment because I don't even know who the fuck she is.

I was more offended by how the girl was ripping apart those who write fan-fics; honestly I thought she was completely rude. Not all of us who write fan-fics post it for everyone to see, especially the band.

Most of us don't like to share it with anyone other than fellow mibbians. I don't let my friends read my work, or family. I don't even let them read my original fiction. Not to mention when I write my stories, they're characters not the real person. If you don't like it then don't read it, it's that simple.

Don't waste your breath insulting their other fans , because you're embarrassed by something you don't understand. I'm sure they didn't ask this person to go out of her way to insult other fans, because that's not how they are, we all know that.

Seriously though, when you become a popular band fan-fics are generally what comes along with the tag of fame. Even 1D has freakin' fan-fiction!

So honestly she shouldn't be so angry at people she's never met, I know I use my fan-fics as workshops to get my brain flowing creatively. For stories that I might potentially publish, with original characters and all that jazz.

I'm sure some others do to, but I couldn't help but vent. I was so mad a this chick! (The girlfriend comment kind of did bother me too, how do you defend someone you've never met before? How does she know if their girlfriends had something rude to those she was speaking about? She doesn't Just like I don't know if they're nice or not!)

So honestly person, don't judge someone you know nothing about! It's quite annoying and someone's bound to reply with a heated comment; is it worth the drama?

Just keep quiet and keep your opinions to yourself, unless they're constructive. If you're going to insult someone please don't waste three minutes of my life I can never get back, thanks dollface! =)

I completely sound like a tool on the last line, I am aware; but damn! This person really annoyed the ever loving snot out of me.
November 10th, 2012 at 02:44am