My first kiss happened today, the story and a few question at the end!

My first kiss experience, i HAVE to tell someone.

I've always dreamed of getting kissed on my birthday, if it was my 15th, 16th, 17th or whatever, that never happened. But it did happen today, on my 18th birthday.

Here's the thing:
On the night of the 10th of November i was getting ready to go out an celebrate my 18th birthday (I can get into clubs at 12:00 when it's November 11th) and i was actually hoping of getting some kind of action.

Me and my friends got into the club and me and after being there for 5 - 10 minutes I catch a guys eyes and he kind of signs me to come over to where he is sitting (he's sitting with a bunch of people that i was with before going to the club) and we start talking (all about how he heard it's my birthday and stuff) and then my girlfriends wants us to go buy drinks which we do.

Then time passed and suddenly my best friend is telling me that the guy is was talking to had an 'intrest' in me. And me being really insecure about myself just shook my head. I casually dance to the beat and then he puts his hands around my waist and i thought i might just put my hand around him (I had NO clue what so ever what to do in such situation, and the guy was handsome and i didn't want him to think that i'd reject him) and then in my mind the kiss happened so fast, i didn't really know what we were doing until i felt his tongue in my mouth.

Don't get me wrong, i wanted him to kiss me but I've never kissed before so i just went with it and for the next 1 - 2 hours we sat with each other, talked a bit and kissed a couple of more times. I found out he was in the military (which is a huge plus, and i could see that he had one tattoo), then he asked stuff like if my parents were home and if i had some alcohol (which i told my mom was home and that we had no alcohol what so ever.) Then he asked me where i was going after the club closed (at 3:00 am) and i said no idea but he asked me if he could join and i just said yes.

I'm not naive and gullible, i knew from the minute he kissed me and told me he was in the army (and frankly just by looking at myself) that this wasn't going to be a relationship or something, it would just be kissing and "flirting?" but I can't stop thinking about him and I really wish i had given out more signals that i wanted to spend more time with him during the club instead of just going with my friends whenever they asked. And i think i made a mistake there just by not telling where i was going( but I've never done this before, so i didn't know what he wanted and what i should do)

When the club closed we stood outside waiting for the guys we came with and in the mean time i was desperately looking for the guy I've been spending time with and when i saw him at the front door he just looked at me quickly and then almost ran away, and i'll admit i was disappointed (never gotten that much attention from a guy before and certainly not in that way) because I will most likely never see him again.

And here i am 19 hours later STILL thinking about it and thinking how it was almost like a dream.

My question being: Did I do something wrong? What should I know about kissing and 'flirting' with the other sex? Is it weird for me to be thinking about him so much?

If you're reading the whole thing I just want to say thank you for reading :) I know it's weird that a (newly) 18 year old girl is asking this stuff but i need to know.
November 12th, 2012 at 12:04am