Project... Photography....half of it anyways...

When taking a photo you will need to focus on what type of camera would be best for you, and what will not be. Have you thought about photography, how it's gotten where it is today? Photography has changed our world in so many ways. Ever since digital photography has been invented they have found so many ways in working with a camera that has not been done before. We can now change a picture into something completely different then it was originally and we would not have been able to do that without digital photography.
The first digital camera was not really a camera just yet. The Charge-couple device (CCD) was invented in 1969. It is a image detector that gives a direct copy of images that gets put into digital data that does not need any chemical process(C1). At first the digital camera was just a video recorder that recorded television shows. The digital camera was not available to people that wanted to buy them until 1990. It was made by a company called Logitech and it could hold up to 32 images though they were only taken in black, white, and shades of gray. It cost around thirteen thousand dollars(C2).
Digital cameras are not magic even though they may seem like it. There is a way to work it. There is an image recording sensor in a digital camera that is made up of a grid of individual light cells. Most of them have green, red, or blue filters. Each cell responds to just one of them. They are put into groups. There are two green filters for every area of red or blue. The electrical outlet of each cell is proportional to the amount of light reaching it, so it is never out balanced. The values of each cell is processed by the cameras pixels which get it to where it has the right amount of color value. It is able to tell if you need the red filter or the blue filter group.
The digital camera has went a long way. They have made ways to get almost perfect quality cameras in under than 20 years(A2). The first professional camera cost thirteen thousand dollars which now it would cost around four to six thousand dollars for a great high quality camera(C1). It is a difference within a time span of 20 years. It is just amazing what technology can do is so much time. Inventors go to great lengths to get their products the best they can be.
Why would you choose a digital camera over a film camera? They take almost the same pictures, besides little differences right? Well, digital photography doesn't need film which means you don't have to go out and buy a bunch of film just to take pictures. You may even mess up you can't go back and delete the picture now. You're going to have to keep going with taking the pictures and worry about it when you get done with developing the film(E2).
When you go out to develop the film that costs money. So those pictures you will just end up throwing away, because they are not what you wanted, will end up costing you. No one likes having to do that, but with the digital camera all you got to do is go to the menu and delete the picture. No cost at all if you mess up on it. When you go to the menu you can also look at the pictures you just took. With a film camera you can't do that. You can edit the photo right in your camera if you need to. You can resize the image or crop it(E2).
With a film camera you have to go to a store and pay people to take your film and get it to where they turn into pictures, because film is just this brown strip of plastic paper that has the image imprinted on it. You have to go out and turn it into a picture, but with digital cameras, you can take the photos you want to get printed to a superstore or anywhere where they do pictures and they will print them for you in under an hour. The easier way for digital cameras is right at your own homes. All you need to do is print the picture out and you are done. That's how much easier it is now compared to then. Digital is definitely better in this part of photography(E2).
Digital photography while some may argue, has changed the world and helped us better understand a lot of different things. Along with the benefits of not having to deal with film, digital photography. It has made such an impact on our world, it has helped us make discoveries that otherwise we may not have ever been able to do without it(F1). We mainly take digital photography for granted(F5), the younger generations do not know how much of an impact this has made. They should know though, so they can better appreciate the world of photography, and how far it has come.
Now we can put photos online. Show everyone our favorite memories, like our family picnics, family portraits, any event that we may have had can now go online(G1). We can save them onto our computers and go back to the memories whenever we want. No more worrying that out photos will get too old and fall apart(F2).
When your daughter is having her dance recital do you wanna save the memories? Record the show through a video or take pictures of it? Now you can better than before, you can even upload the video or photos online so everyone can watch it. Now your daughter can sit with you and watch her performance too(G3).
Sports events were always hard to take pictures of with film cameras, you had to take billions of photos, and you still may not have gotten the pictures you want, because of the blur or just a bad picture in all. Now you can take hundreds of photos in under a minute, and not miss any of the action on the field. Just delete the photos you don not want or need later.
When there is a flood, tornado, hurricane, or a robbery you need proof of insurance. Taking photos of the damage can keep a visual inventory, so you can show the insurance company later on. It comes in handy when something goes wrong and you need help(G2). No more waiting for the insurance company to come to your house to assess the damage. Now all you need to do is send them the pictures. You can get help faster and easier than ever.
With the world of medicine they have been able to transfer pictures of the patients data to any hospital in the world, whether it's through the internet or mail, we can send x-rays, data reports, anything we need to send we now can(F1).
The most amazing thing that has changed, because of digital photography is being able to take pictures of the Earth. They could not do that before. Now we can see the beauty of what we can not see with our own eyes without actually having to actually go out to space to experience it(F3). They have invented satellites that can take a photo of the changes of the earth. We can see hurricanes developing, and other planets and what is happening to them. It is amazing what digital photography can do that we have not really thought of before. It is kind of like art. Photography is a form of art. You can take a photo of an object a way it is at that precise moment and not miss anything. Just like a painting, but a lot faster and easier(M2).
November 12th, 2012 at 10:50pm