I work in a place where the customer is literally always right.

Because corporate will not back us up when we follow their policies or try to take care of other customers who aren't throwing every-loving bitch fits.

The rest is from my post on the 'Customers Suck' thread.

Chick came into work the other day for a four thousand dollar job. When I asked her for a time, she wouldn't give me on, just as soon as possible. It was bout 28,000 pages to print and our machine prints 55 impressions per second. she showed up at 3.30 and said she needed everything by four. I still had 300 of one 7 page stapled double-sided document to print and 300 of another one.

So we give her everything we have and she comes back the next morning, bitches that we didn't have it done and then complained that a document I specifically asked her if she wanted stapled and she said no wasn't stapled. She got 1000 dollars back on her order because at OfficeMax, you are not allowed to not let the customer be right.

Corporate seriously freaks out. I had a lady come in once who wanted 30 D/S brochures on cardstock, trifolded. I had several jobs I was working on. I can't fold cardstock with a machine ... I have to hand-score it and then handfold it and it's not a very precise thing so I usually won't do it. She was just a walk in customer who said "I didn't even know you guys were on a first come, first serve basis." I explained I have five other orders I was working on and she was like "oh, are they waiting in the store". No, lady, but they came in earlier and their jobs ARE due at a certain time and if I take an hour to do your stupid brochures (which we'll only make, like, twenty bucks on) I'll lose several hundred dollars and piss of several other regular customers.

She asked me to call a manager and I did. He backed me up. The lady left, called corporate, complained, they called my manager and bitched him out. 'You couldn't do 30 D/S color copies for a customer?' 'Of course we could,' he said, 'if the customer had wanted 30 D/S color copies and not 30 D/S color copies with hand-scoring and hand-folding.' Our district manager called the next day to give us shit about it, too.

I literally work in a store where the customer is always right.
November 13th, 2012 at 04:20am