Allstar Weekend

Another night where I can't sleep. So I'm going to post another blog. About Allstar Weekend. This blog is going to be long and pointless. I'm going to be rambling on about Allstar Weekend. Most is probably going to be a repeat of what I've already said before.

How many people even know who I'm talking about? Allstar Weekend is a band, no they are more then a band. They are the most amazing men you can ever know.

When I was twelve years old, I had no idea who Allstar Weekend was, I hadn't even heard of them. And the day I did, I'm ashamed to admit what I was thinking. First of all, I used to be racist. I don't know why I was, but I just didn't like black people. I'm ashamed to admit that. So when I saw Allstar Weekend for the first time, I saw Nathan, and as he's black, I didn't even take time to watch them. I turned off the TV, because there was a black guy in the band and because they were on Family channel (that's Canada's version of Disney) and seeing a band on Family channel made me think ""Ugg. Another boy band on Family channel. These idiots are going to be damn stupid like The Jonas Brothers!!"". Oh, I still slap myself to this day for thinking that and for being racist.

Then a week after I first saw them, "Dance Forever" was playing on TV again. I recognized them as the "stupid Disney band". But I had nothing else to do and I didn't want to turn off the TV because I was lazy, so I listened to it and I was completely stunned! I realized then that they AREN'T another stupid Disney boy band. I was totally blown away just watching the music video! Finally, a band with actual talent AND they're Disney!! WOW!! I was ashamed of myself for thinking they were stupid and typical. And I also though to myself ""What's wrong with black people? Nothing! So why on Earth do I hate them?!"". I slapped myself for the rest of that day.

Within a couple months, I was really starting to like this band, and I wasn't racist anymore, all because of Nathan, but I never bothered to look them up for some reason. My life was going good, until I got backstabbed by my "best friend" and I started getting bullied. That completely threw my life off-track. It hurt enough that she had backstabbed me and started bulling me, and then the pain got worse as almost my entire school started bulling me. As the months went on, the bulling got so bad that I was thinking about suicide, just to get away from them. But then one day when the TV was on, "A Different Side Of Me" started playing again. I had actually forgotten about Allstar Weekend. I decided to watch it, and as I did, I felt something I hadn't felt in months: happiness. A smile was actually on my face, for those three minutes the pain and sadness and thoughts of suicide were gone. After the song, I went straight to YouTube and searched "Allstar Weekend". I spent four hours listing to their songs and laughing to their hilarious videos. I couldn't believe that I was actually happy again. So as the months went on, I slowly got better. Yes, I still was bullied at school, but as long as I had their songs and funny videos, I knew I would be alright.

This blog isn't close to being done, but I wanna pause to say that this band is amazing. I seriously wouldn't be here if I hadn't have found them and they have taught me so much. I love these guys to death.

As the years went by, I got homeschooled. And I cried tears of happiness and sadness. Happy tears because of Nathan, Cameron, Michael and Zach and watching them grow. Sad tears because I could never see them live in concert. I always watched those dates, hoping that one day I could see Allstar Weekend. Then they announced the Canadian Tour and they were coming to London, Ontario and that's only a couple hours drive away! It took a week of begging, but my parents finally gave in and bought tickets! I was just exploding with happiness and excitement!!

It seemed to take forever, but the concert came. As soon as I saw those four boys onstage, literally right in front of me, I actually felt like I was going to pass out. Nathan was actually close enough I could touch his shoes, and I did. I had an awesome time at the concert, which was my very first concert and so far my only, and was almost crying when it was over. Allstar stood in the lobby after, even though you could tell they were rushing but they to give us a chance for a quick picture. Once again, when I saw those men in front of me, I almost fainted. I stood beside Cameron and he put his arm around my waist, then around my shoulder just before the picture was token. Cameron then talked to me and hugged me, and I don't know how I wasn't dead! I hugged him back and I actually felt some tears fall. So I quickly let go, even though I didn't want to, so I wouldn't start sobbing on him. What I hate the most is that I didn't get to thank them.

Years passed, and it was just another regular night, basically, on September 17th, 2011. My dad and brother were out camping, so me, my sister and mom were home. I was stalking Allstar on Twitter, even though I didn't have Twitter. When I saw a post starting with "To Our Fans, Things in life don't always end up exactly how you first planned...." my stomach turned. We had been talking earlier about how Nathan wasn't showing up much and my mother was saying he had probably left. I slowly clicked on the Tweetlonger and as I read it, I slowly froze. Mother was right. I was literally frozen in front on the screen. That night, for the first time in almost a year, I cried myself to sleep and I kept doing it for two weeks.

Nathan was gone. Gone from Allstar Weekend, permanently. I knew I had to accept that and I did, but it still makes me sad to think of it. I was listing to "Dance Forever" two weeks ago, and when I heard Nathan's voice on Allstar Weekend's CD, I literally started crying. Even though it's now been over a year since he left, I still can't help but wonder. What would they be like if Nathan was still in the band? If he was still in the band, where would he be in posters and pictures? Why did he leave?

Nathan has continued his music career by himself, under the name IWXO, which means I'm With Love and I find that beautiful. Nathan has a beautiful voice and has beautiful music, but as Nathan isn't big, his music isn't available in stores and that's the only way I can buy music. It really sucks.

On January 8, 2012 Allstar Weekend announced their departure from former label Hollywood Records. I learned that the next day and I felt proud of them. These boys are twenty two/three now. They aren't the twenty year olds they were three years ago. They've grown and I knew Hollywood Records was stopping them from the things they wanted to do. And you can tell, compare "Buzzed" from "Dance Forever" and you'll notice a HUGE difference. "Dance Forever" is about having a good time with your friends, but not getting drunk. "Buzzed", however, is about getting drunk and not giving a fuck, as they actually say. Even though I was proud of them for growing, I was worried and still am slightly. I know the World is tough, exspically when you're out there trying to make music. As Zach's mentioned on Twitter, making music is expensive. When they were signed to Hollywood Records, they had people helping them. They had people paying them. Now they don't. A couple months ago, Allstar had to make a Kickstarter so they could have money to make their next album. They had a $30,000 goal and I unfortunately couldn't do anything to help. My mother kept saying they wern't going to get it, but she was wrong. They went past there goal and ended up with $96,262 dollars by the time it was over. It stunned me, and I'm so happy for them.

Their departure from Hollywood Records was a huge change. They lost some fans, but gained some more. I know one girl who used to hate them because they were a "Disney band", but once they unsigned from Hollywood Records, she became a HUGE fan. They've losted fans because of the maturity the suddenly had in their songs, but they've also gained fans from that. I've seen a lot of people complaining about Allstar Weekend's new sound and it's not making me happy. Allstar Weekend was already matured before they un-signed. They would've be like that from the begging if they were never signed to Hollywood Records. So they swear, they sing about sex, they mention getting high, they mention "getting buzzed" and they say "No regrets, not giving a fuck". That's who Allstar Weekend is, and who've they always been. A lot of songs have the same thing. THEY ARE TWENTY THREE/TWO. They can do whatever they want. At least they aren't showing naked girls in their music videos. So for people who don't like them like this, just leave.

Now I'm going to mention things that piss me off. One: everyone I know who likes Allstar also likes One Direction, and I'm good with that, you can like who who want, I don't give a fuck. But practically every A-Dubber has gone all One Direction. The talks of Allstar are gone, and in replace, it's all about One Direction. The usernames mention Allstar are gone and instead usernames mention One Direction. People have deleted Allstar from their about mes and replaced it all with One Direction. I used to know, like, forty people who loved Allstar but now it's all One Direction. There's only five people I know who like One Direction, and Allstar Weekend but they don't go crazy about One Direction and leave out Allstar. Two: The people who claim they're fans but don't know what happened to Nathan. Look, it's been over a year, it was EVERYWHERE, so how the fuck do you not know what happened to him. You sure you're a fan?? And three: Again, people who claim they're fans, but they can't spell their names. I see people all the time all like "OH, I LOVE ALL STAR WEEKEND, I'M THEIR BIGGEST FAN!! I LOVE CAMERON, MICHAEL AND ZACK!!" or they spell it All star Weekend, All-Star Weekend or All-star Weekend and I'm like "Two things. First, it's Allstar Weekend, not All Star Weekend. Second, it's Zach, not Zack." Why do these people claim they're fans but they don't even know how to spell the band name or Zach's name?!!

I mention Allstar Weekend all the time, and I get blank stares and "Who?" 90% of the time. If you have no idea who this band is, I beg you to look them up! You won't regret it!! Zach, Cameron, Michael and even Nathan are freaking amazing people and artists and they deserve so much more!!

Cameron, Michael, Zach and (even) Nathan taught me so much. They taught me not to judge a book by it's cover, they taught me that everyone should be treated equally, no matter what colour we are, they taught me to just be yourself, do what you want and don't give a fuck about what others think, being yourself is the best thing you can be. But to me, the most important thing they have taught me is to keep being happy. DON'T EVER give up on life. We all have our bad days and some people unfortunately always have them, but we can ALWAYS get through them. When you're having a bad day, just jump around, be crazy, be free, be who you want to be. Love yourself ALWAYS.

Cameron, Michael, Zach, Nathan are the four men who keep my heart beating and they always will until my time is up. I love them so, so much. Even though they won't see this, THANK YOU CAMERON, ZACH, MICHAEL AND NATHAN. I will make sure that one day I can see you live, thank you and tell you my story. And then fall into your arms and cry until my tears run out. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
November 13th, 2012 at 12:44pm