It does get better.

I know this may not be what people usually post on here but I wanted to get a message across. Have you ever been bullied, been made to feel like you're six inches tall? I have, and I can honestly say, that it was the worse and most darkest times of my life.

Every day, I would go to school, every day, I would be victimised, physically, mentally and emotionally attacked. My barriers began to crumble, I felt raw and exposed. They got underneath my skin, took my worst fears and projected them to the world. I had no saving grace, my school work constantly suffered because of it.

There were days when I just wanted to end it, to take a step into the next life and leave behind the bullies. I became ill, mentally, that is. I suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks. I had auditory and visual hallucinations, the walls would breathe and whisper to me, strange shapes would fly across my vision. I was jumpy and paranoid. I just wanted to die, to let the bullies win.

Which brings me onto my next topic. Please don't choose this way out, you won't be at school forever. One day, you'll leave school, you'll meet someone and get married. You may have heard the horrific story of Amanda Todd. She mistakenly stripped on webcam for people and they kept the pictures. Months later, she was contacted and threatened that if she didn't strip, they would send the pictures to everyone.

That was when the bullying started. She was beaten and left for dead in ditches. That was when she tried her first suicide attempt, by drinking bleach. Her tormentors posted pictures of bleach and ditches on facebook. Eventually, she chose the easy way out, she chose to die.

Please do not chose to die, choose to live. For you. Do not let the bullies win, they're just not worth. You were put on this earth for a reason and it would be such a waste of a promising and beautiful life. Remember, it does get better, whether it takes 10 days or 10 years, it always, always get better. I am talking from experience.

Be brave, be strong. Yes, it hurts, more than anything and there may be times when you feel like giving in but just remember, you are beautiful, you are the sperm that won. Don't let your tormentors get you down I know a lot of people won't read this and that's fine, as long as this helps at least one person - I will be happy. You are beautiful!
November 13th, 2012 at 08:34pm