Back on my Feet

To who cares or is just plain curious.
It's been nearly a year now since I was in an accident that took much away from me and left doctors questioning whether or not I'd ever recover.
I lost my ability to speak when I suffered nerve damage and fractures to my skull.
I was also told I'd be paralyzed from the waist down due to spinal injuries.
Well I'm back on my feet. I can walk short distances on my own, otherwise I require the assistance of others or a walker.
I'm able to speak again, but for some reason or another even when I think things out in my head in one language they sometimes still come out in another. All the doctor could offer me was that being multilingual left my brain slightly "scattered" and would take time to set right.
But I am getting there. :]
I've been going through constant physical therapy and have been receiving a great deal of emotional support from so many people.
I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who have been supporting me and standing by my side through all of this. This has meant so much to me, more than you can imagine.
I figured an update at some point would be something you'd all enjoy and I'm sorry for not having done so sooner.
November 14th, 2012 at 02:10am