Avenged Sevenfold: Sell Outs?

How? Someone please enlighten me, because I'm completely clueless as to why people are saying this.

In case some of you aren't aware, the guys of Avenged are featured in the new game, Call of Duty: Black Ops II. They appear at the end as animated characters, and perform the song Carry On, which they wrote specifically for the game. I thought it was very exciting, and I was beyond ecstatic to watch; apparently, though, some people were not too thrilled.

The video, which you can view here, has been getting tons of hateful comments, and most of the ones I'm seeing concern the band being "sell outs." I'm not really sure what the basis is, but I'm assuming it's because they're in the game itself and wrote Carry On. If this is so, how in the hell does this make them sell outs? It's well-known they're fans of the series, especially Matt, so why would they pass up the chance to be involved to that extent? I know I wouldn't, and I'm sure if other bands were given the chance, they'd take it, too.

With this said, I have another question: if Avenged Sevenfold are sell outs for appearing as animated characters in COD, what are the singers/bands who've appeared as animated characters in Guitar Hero and Rock Band? Is Slash a sell out? Is Tom Morello a sell out? What about all the other people who have participated; are they sell outs, too? Hm.

I'm just so sick of hearing people bash them for pointless things. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I know this for a fact because I dislike many things other's have found amazing, but really? If you aren't a fan of them, DON'T WATCH THEIR VIDEOS. It's as simple as that. People are so petty nowadays, it's almost sickening. They've resorted to starting arguments and insulting others, just for shits and giggles. I'm not a fan of One Direction or Justin Bieber, but do I comment on their videos and insult them for absolutely no reason? No, I do not, and I'm sure many of my fellow mibbian's don't resort to such immature actions, either.

This blog was not meant to bash anyone at all. My intentions here are to simply inquire about everything I've stated above. How are Avenged Sevenfold sell outs? Why do people feel the need to bash? That's all.

xoxo,
Jess.
November 15th, 2012 at 10:23pm