What are we coming to.

I'm sorry, but I really need to get this out somehow.

I'm not going to pretend I know anything about politics and much less the economy, but if there's one thing I can tell is that Spain has some things that are very, very wrong with it - and is anybody doing anything to fix it?

When did this all get so normal? When did it become a standard thing to start beating up passerbys and arresting underage people at (mostly) peaceful protests? I could understand it if they were trying to set fire to the town hall or something, but is this really, really necessary?

And, frankly, it's not like we don't have our reasons to complain. I know I've been one of the less affected people in all this, but that doesn't mean I have absolutely no concern about what this government is putting everybody through.

We have debts, and we desperately need to pay them back. Right. I get that. The problem is, they're getting the money from all the wrong places. Health care? Education? You have to be kidding me. But, of course, things like football remain completely untouchable.

Like I said before, I'm far from being an expert in all this. But what I do know is that it's incredibly wrong that the people who need the money the most are the ones who are suffering. What drives me insane is that the richest part of the population is barely being affected. And then where do the taxes and the money taken from public services go? That's right, to corruption.

Oh, but of course, the government is too busy trying to change the law that says gay couples can marry to do anything about it.

No, but really. If this continues, I don't know what's going to happen to this country.
November 15th, 2012 at 10:28pm