All Nighter

It is currently 4:23AM and I have been awake since roughly 1PM yesterday. My significant other has to be at work in three hours - he's also awake. His boss is punishing him for refusing to work on the days he ALWAYS has off. Every week for the past four months he has been off on Thursday & Friday, well now that it's Thanksgiving his boss decided to completely change his schedule. Well my s/o refused to work it since it wasn't his regularly scheduled day or shift so now after working 4-9 he has to go back in and work 7-1. Then work 3-9 and then 7-1 again. He NEVER has to work from 7-1. His schedule is 3-9 or 4-9, always.

We tried to sleep, we really did. He at least got a couple of extra hours. But I can never sleep when I know I have to be up early the next morning - or when I know I have stuff I need to finish.
I have several one-shot story entries I need to work on, some of which I haven't even started. I also need to work on updates for all of my chaptered stories. NaNoWriMo went right out the window as soon as it started for me, I couldn't concentrate on my story at all. I just wanted to write fanfiction. Oh well. As long as I'm writing write?

Outside of the writing world I run a small craft business and I have several orders I have to finish before Thanksgiving. I deliver to people who live in my hometown. So I've got to have everything ready to drop off over the short two day break - which when you're splitting the Holidays does NOT feel like a break.
I've also got to find an externship (its like an internship, honestly there is no difference I have no idea why they have to make it difficult) soon so that I can get my 160 hours in and then find a job that pays so that I can afford to you know eat and pay the internet bill...

I'm really hoping this all nighter will be a good thing - I've done some of my best writing at 6AM running on very little sleep.
November 18th, 2012 at 10:31am