I have a boyfriend, and he's amazing.

Hello, everyone! How are you today? Me? I'm just fine. Awesome, really. I just wanted to tell y'all about my boyfriend. :D

He's so sweet, like raspberry chocolate. He gave us a song. (It's "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's.) He's been through so much, but he keeps moving forward.

Oh, you want to know his name? Too bad. I'm only telling his name to my closest of friends, online and off. I will, however, tell you what he looks like. (You probably won't ever figure this out on your own anyway with his name. Unless you know me offline.)

He's a dirty blonde, and he's growing his hair out so it goes past his ears. (So adorable. ^.^) He's got these sea blue eyes (if you know me then you know that I'm a sucker for blue eyes). He's tan because he works on the family farm. He's tall (to me), probably 5'11".

That's all I'm saying because then y'all will be able to find him walking down the street if you're in my area.

I really like him, but I don't think I could love him just yet. We've only been going out for less than two weeks.

Oh! I should tell you about how we got together!

Okay, so it all started one Monday morning. I told my best friend, Om Nom Ninja Sheep (yes, that's her username on WritersCafe), that I was going to ask him out. See, Ninja and my boyfriend are also best friends, so obviously she was a little nervous about the idea of her two best friends going out. (Who can blame her? I mean, she was obviously concerned for if it didn't work out.) She told me I should think about it some more. I told her that I've thought about it for a while, and how I had already asked my mom for permission to ask him out, and she had given it to me. She was still very skeptical. Then he showed up, and I dropped the subject.

Throughout the whole day my stomach was doing flips and I was so nervous. I had to give myself several pep talks. (Something along the lines of, "The worst he can do is say no.")

Finally, it was lunch time. I had finished eating, and explained to my other friends, B.B. and Bay, what I was going to do that day. They were very excited for me, and already calling us boyfriend and girlfriend. After a moment of just staring at him, I realized that now was the perfect time to tell him.

So I looked at Ninja, and said, "I'm gonna do it."

"Do what?" was her question.

"Do it," I said, and upon realizing that she was probably still confused, I added, "I'm gonna ask him."

She looked surprised, but nodded. I looked at him and said, "[Insert his name here], I need to ask you something."

He made a "go ahead" gesture, and I got behind Ninja on the floor, and said, "Will you go out with me?"

"What?" was his reply.

"You know, like boyfriend-girlfriend," I said hastily, nervous as heck and sweating bullets.

"Why?"

"Because I really like you. You're really nice. And I really like you," I said, hoping that that would suffice but knowing that that was a lame reason.

"Sure."

I ran back squealing and hugged all of my friends. B.B. and Bay were surprised and asked me what happened, and I whispered back excitedly, "He said yes!"

There you have it. That's how I got a boyfriend.

We've been exchanging notes and talking on the phone for the past two weeks, and it's been amazing getting to know him better.

We also went on a date that following Saturday. We mostly just hung out at Ninja's house, but it was so amazing that I'm calling it a date. :)
November 18th, 2012 at 04:09pm