This Is The Isle Of The Misfit Toys

Have you seen that Rudolf movie? Well, a cover of the Rudolf song (the title? Je ne sais pas) was playing in the book store, and my mind clicked.

Isle of the misfit toys. Today's teens. Instant connection.
So now I want to talk about the connections and lessons of Rudolf's tale, see what you guys think.

Rudolf was born with an imperfection (or difference, it changes through the course of the movie), which ultimately lead to helping the world with something important and being useful to an important person who brings joy to little children annually.

Becoming a beacon of hope and light.

The other reindeer friends all didn't like him, because he was different. They weren't used to someone with a shiny red nose. But dayam, he could fly, couldn't he? And one girl reindeer saw the beauty in the guy.

And all the other reindeer loved him at the end, huh? Sounds like the followers of today. The leaders in cliques who don't know themselves yet, so they follow people who do. And shun the different. And I bet they felt damn guilty when Santa pointed out that he had a purpose.
We all have a purpose.

And we all have people like us. Like in "Into The Woods" You are NEVER alone.
Like when they went to the isle of the misfit toys. All the misfit toys couldn't do one thing or another, but that gave them humility and huge hearts.

And remember the snow monster, the "Bumble". Everyone was scared of him, but he was just misunderstood too. He could put the star on the tree, right?

Its the most wonderful time of the year. I hope you all see the light in yourselves that this story teaches us exists, and see the light in others. There is always hope, and there is always a happy ending, if you make it there.

And also:This is a serious blog, I'd appreciate it if you all leave nice comments if you wish.
Live long and find slash (and love)
-Raroman
November 19th, 2012 at 02:29am