Boyfriend's Christmas Present Idea - You Like?

For nearly a month (yes, a month! I've been thinking about it too much, too early! XD), I have been trying and failing to think of the perfect gift for my boyfriend of.... some amount of time. And don't find that last bit insensitive, we've been together since about the end of July, but we weren't "official" until September 19th. So we've been together 3-4 months approximately.

Anyway. See, I didn't want to get him something impersonal. Any girl could go out and buy him a shirt from Ralph Lauren or a sweatshirt from Nike (which is currently in my possession). So I decided early on I'd put a lot of thought into this. First, I was gunna get him all his favorite things, but then I realized all his favorite things are food-related... So part of his gift is Milky Way candy bars and a gift card to Chili's. But then I realized, again, this is impersonal.

Then it hit me. Here's the idea:

Actually, he unknowingly gave me the idea. He was telling me one day after work that it went by fast than usual, because he was thinking back to all our dates because he missed me (we haven't been able to hang out much cause we're both busy). And then I thought, what if I get him a lot of little things that represent our dates? The first day we met, he took me out to see The Amazing Spiderman, so I can get him that movie. Our second date was ice skating, so maybe something like a snowglobe with a girl and a boy ice skating? Thinking back, we've gone on many dates but there were a few that stand out, like the third date, which was also his birthday, I took him out for ice cream and it was the first time we'd kissed. I don't know what I'm going to do for that one though...

And then, it hit me again.

Write him a story. Our story. Or, at least, of our "greatest hits" as I remember them.

It makes me nervous thinking about it, but he always tells me how much he wants to see what I write because all of the english teachers dote on my writing and somehow a lot of his friends and mine know how I write too. And so I thought, I'll write him a little story he knows just as well as I. Except, he'll see it through my eyes.

So what do you think? His favorite things... and a book that goes over our greatest hits, written and illustrated by me, with presents that go along with those dates? And maybe another little thing... because the gifts that go with the dates are just supposed to be little memories in themselves...

But yeah, I put a lot of thought into it and I'm curious what you guys think!! I'm going to post it here too of course, and will probably look for feedback on it haha :) but yeah, thank you all!!
November 19th, 2012 at 02:39am