GSP | New Story

So, this year, I'm applying to Governor's Scholar Program - a 5 week summer program where you basically stay at college and get a feel for it. And if you go, you're pretty much guaranteed a free ride anywhere in the state. The application is due to my counselor Tuesday at noon, and I'm freaking out.

Like, at first I just wanted it because we need to find a way to get me scholarships, and this would be basically the one thing that could get me a free ride. But then the people that went last year started to talk about it, and the way they discussed it made me want to go and find out how much fun they had firsthand. They've got so many really interesting focus areas, and any of my top three would be amazing to get into, plus I'd actually be able to do something with my summer instead of sitting around, wallowing in misery and self-pity because I'm not doing anything with my friends.

But anyway, I started a new story. It's based on Regina Spektor's song the Genius Next Door and it's called If You Just Hold Your Breath and I'm actually kind of really excited about it, even though it isn't really that original.

Also, we're gonna hear what the musical is next week or so, and I hope it's something good - whether it is or not, I'm going to try out :I Hope for the best!
November 22nd, 2012 at 02:58am