Normandy's bored at work on Thanksgiving.

Like really bored.

And fairly irritated.

Honestly I consider this a fairly useless holiday. So there's a part of me that doesn't mind working. But at the same time I'm not exactly pleased. I'm here on a holiday, at the least, as customers, people could try to be considerate, hell, just be pleasant. Yet bitchy and rude they are, acting as though they have a right to be. That I don't quite get. I'm here, on a day that most people get to spend with their families, missing the opportunity to see my dying grandfather and my sister who's out of town most of the year due to school so you can by fifteen tins of popcorn with a snotty attitude.

I seem to forget though, as a person in retail I'm really just a being with no existence beyond this cash register so therefore how you treat me or what I'm missing to be here to serve you never crosses your mind.

What a lovely, thoughtless society.

Basically, if you go out shopping today, just be kind. We have families, we have lives we're missing because corporate America dictates some places should be open to make that extra little buck.

We have families, we have people who want to spend time with us. A little respect for those keeping the stores you visit on holidays like this would be so very much appreciated.
November 22nd, 2012 at 08:07pm