What I'm thankful for

Dear Heavenly Father,
I first want to start off with thanking you for loving me. I sin every single day, yet you love me. You keep me safe. You protect me like I deserve it. But truthfully, I don't. I mean, I've disrespected and hurt my body. I'm not healthy. I used to harm myself. I don't work out everyday. I don't keep my body in the best shape I should. But I'm making a change. Thanksgiving is supposed to be what I'm thankful for. And I'm so grateful for everything. But I want to respect my body, the body you gave me.

Thank you for guiding me down the right path. I would be so lost without you. Back in May when I had no one to turn to, when I was all alone, you were there. When I lost my best friend of 8 1/2 years, you were there to comfort me and assure me everything would be okay. I felt so alone. I didn't realize that she was my only friend until she was gone. And then life struck me. I had no friends. No one liked me. My parents had found out about every little secret I tried to keep. But you intended for all of those events to happen. You wanted me to become stronger. And now, six months later, I am still standing on my two feet. And I would never be able to get this far without you. I am so much stronger because of what you helped me get through. So thank you father.

I am thankful for my family, my few friends, my music career, my writing career, my home, my school, everything. But I owe it all to you, God. You're the reason I have all of this. So I truly just want to thank you, the most important person in my life, for giving me the most precious item anyone can posses. Thank you for giving me the power of love. Thank you for letting me grow up in a family where they were there for me. I realize that doesn't happen with everyone.

So father, please help me to continue to grow and become what you need me to be in this world. Please help me to fill into the shoes you gave me and do what you need me to do. Thank you God.

I love you so much.
In your holy, gorgeous, glorious, beautiful, everlasting name,
amen.
November 23rd, 2012 at 05:59am