Recent Photo & 10 Facts About Myself

Image

Hello Fellows of Mibba! My real name is Victoria. I am from Canada. I joined Mibba a few months ago. I try to write blogs when I can, but I mostly feel like I don’t have too much to share. I am active in the commenting and reading part though.

The 10 I’s (I cut it short from 15)

Since I’ve learned that the more you write the better you get, I am going to put that into practice and write in paragraphs rather than list things, so here I go:

I was born on December 23rd, 1992 making me 19 and soon to be 20 next month. I am the youngest out of my siblings. My eldest sibling is my brother, Donny who is 32 years old. We’re not too close, though I wish we were. He is the bassist in his band, but he is great at guitar and vocals too.

I do not mind labels. I think that it’s much easier to accept that you are going to get labeled rather than try to fight being labeled, and let’s face it: we all label others at some time or another. So, I would like to proclaim that I am a metal head with a gothy side whether it be from fashion, music, to mentality. I listen to metal, industrial, gothic rock, and alternative rock, but I also enjoy dubstep, classical, and anything else really that sounds good.

My first concert experience took place in May 2003 when I was but 11 years old. The opening act was Godsmack and the headliner was Metallica. I somehow found myself at the front row and was almost crushed to death, but I was fortunately saved by a security guard and sent to the back of the crowd. It was a good experience. It’s actually the only concert experience I remember with a lot of detail. You always remember your first! Since then I’ve attended other concerts such as: Rob Zombie, Ozzy Osbourne, Megadeth, Marilyn Manson, Rammstein, Lamb of God, Iron Maiden, and multiple others plus local metal shows.

I am full-blooded Native American; Dakota Sioux to be exact. I am proud of my heritage and culture. I wrote quite a bit about this in a former draft, but I chose to delete it here because it brings up too much things that needs explaining which can be saved for another blog and another time, so I will just say that I don’t condone stereotypes because I know they’re not true. With writing, I hope to send a message that I am Native American and I have talent and I’m important in this world.

I enjoy playing video games… A lot. I play everything, but I mostly enjoy medieval fantasy based games. My favorites games are: Skyrim, Oblivion, Divinity II, Catherine, and Fallout 3. Games are a great escape, just like books and writing. I actually got my name, “Farore” from one of the 3 Goddesses in the Zelda games: Din, Nayru, and Farore.

My animal of choice is cats. I actually didn’t really care too much about them until my sister gave me the sweetest little Egyptian Mau. His name was Thomas. Sadly, he passed away. It was really heart breaking because I was so attached to him. Since then I got another cat named Bender and I really think he is Thomas reincarnated or Thomas sent him to me. I love Bender and Thomas as if they were sons.

I am in a relationship with an amazing, funny man named Travis. We met each other one drunken night when I was 17 and he was 19 and we did some…fooling around. I was so glad to find that despite our drunken bout of passion that he is really sweet and caring and FUNNY beyond all hell. He can make me laugh until I cry. This will be our 3rd Christmas together.

Since I was a little girl I have always found the paranormal and supernatural incredibly interesting. I read up or watched on television whatever I could about spirits, poltergeists, UFO’s, demons, and cryptozoology. I have used Ouija boards and I have studied and read Tarot cards since I was allowed to by my mom (around 12-13 years old).

On a religious and spiritual note, I understand what I believe in my mind, but I don't really find it interesting to tell people what's in there, in my head, like it'll be as interesting to them as it's as interesting to me. Just do what you're happy believing in and don't give a shit what anyone else thinks or believes because in most cases people won't agree with you anyway.

I am quite understanding and accepting of people with what they want to do in life. I have dealt with a lot of criticism and judgment from family, friends, and strangers, so I know what it’s like to just want to live and be free and be happy.

If you actually got this far with me, I thank you. See you, tomorrow, Fellows of Mibba.
November 24th, 2012 at 09:54am