I'm arrogant. + 65 pounds.

I am an arrogant bastard. Not how most people are arrogant, whether it be about looks or money. I am arrogant about the fact that I'm smart. And it comes strange to me when I hear some of these ignorant questions from my classmates. I will literally sit there in total disbelief.

I have my foul points - I'm completely ignorant in math, but I know I'm good at everything else. I've skated my way through school. Barely getting by, but it's not because I don't understand. It's because I'm too arrogant to do the work. My mind frame, that I'm trying desperately to change, is if I understand it and know it so well, why the hell do I have to do the work? Therefore I usually don't do the work and make up for it with my superb test grades. I get over 100% on my tests sometimes.

This was inspired by Boy Alex's (Lion) blog about intelligence vs. happiness. it was no question for me to choose intelligence. No. Question. No hesitation. I love being smart. Love it. I love being able to teach people that are years older than me new things that I know. Last week at church the pastor talked about evolution vs. creation (very well presented argument - he used scientific laws, mathematic calculations, outside sources, etc.) and no one in my family understood the different laws he used as examples. I got this great sense of pride that I was the only one who deeply understood and got satisfaction from explaining it further. I LOVE KNOWLEDGE.

And the questions I overhear just in my creative writing class astounds me.

One girl asked if Ethiopia was in Europe.
Another girl asked what FICTION was!

And that's just a couple of the questions I hear nearly every day. HOW CAN YOU BE A JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL AND NOT KNOW WHAT FICTION IS? HOW CAN YOU BE IN A GEOGRAPHY CLASS AND NOT KNOW THAT ETHIOPIA IS IN AFRICA? IF NOT FROM THE CLASS, FROM HOW PEOPLE GO ON ABOUT ETHIOPIA AND THE OTHER POOR AFRICANS?

And that's when I realize - I'm a fucking arrogant bastard. And I'm working on being more humble about it.

I've constantly been battling my weight.

And this time, I'm going to win. Today, after a job interview (go Alex! Hopefully I'll get this job - it's at a jewelry store!) I'm going to Wal-Mart to buy a poster board and a dry erase board. On the poster board I'm going to write my exercise schedule and on the dry erase board I'll keep track of how many more pounds I need to lose.

I want to lose 65 pounds at least before I go off to college in the fall of 2014. I think if I work as hard as I have in mind, I can easily lose it all and maybe then some before I graduate. I'm 5'3. My weight range is from 110 to 150. I'd like to be about 125 or even 115.

By putting this poster and dry erase board on the wall in front of my bed, I think it'll keep me motivated. THIS blog is going to help A TON. From a fitness freak and a Pilates instructor, I think if I read her blog religiously and stare at her long enough, I'll be on the right track definitely.

Also, another blog was talking about how as she lost weight, she got rid of the clothes that got too big so she felt like she didn't have the option to go back up in sizes. She said she kept one pair of her jeans, though, so when she felt unmotivated she could stand in them and realize she didn't want to go back there.

I'M GOING TO DO IT THIS TIME, GUYS.

Also, I'm doing a "No S's except on S days." S's: seconds, sweets, soda, etc. S days: Saturday, Sunday, Special (holidays, birthdays.).

I'm SO DETERMINED. I plan on starting to get up early, at least 5:30, of a morning, to walk / run 20 minutes before I shower and get ready for school, 20 minutes when I get home, and 20 minutes in the evening. Breaking it up like that will help too I think, rather than that looming 60 minutes I have to dread when I get home.

I'M GOING TO BE ABLE TO DRESS HOW I WANT WITHOUT FEELING DISGUSTING, YOU GUYS.
November 24th, 2012 at 03:48pm