I think I might've met someone

My last relationship was about a month ago and it was long distance, so...I don't know, I'm thinking that if this turns into anything I'll probably wait awhile. But sweet jesus, I can't even remember the last time I interacted with a guy I like in person. It's...weird. And foreign.

It all started a few weeks ago, about a week after my last break up. I was in Stop&Shop with my mom and brother, just shopping around and browsing. One of the cashiers, I noticed, kept looking at me. Not in a creepy way, but how you look at someone you're interested in, sort of coyly and trying to be secretive about it. But I noticed this, and I also noticed that he definitely wasn't lacking in the looks department, holy hell. So me being me, recently single and socially awkward beyond recognition, I ran down an isle and didn't see him again until two weeks ago.

We were in Stop&Shop again, doing some more shopping but this time I was secretly on the look out for the cute cashier guy. We were there for a few minutes when he walked right in front of me, made brief eye contact before going into the storage room in the back of the store.

I didn't go back again until Tuesday, when I was browsing the magazine section. He literally appeared right next to me, flipping through some magazine and I could've sworn he was about to say something until my mom and brother came down the isle. He was wearing an Uproar shirt, by the way, with Avenged Sevenfold on the back and everything. I nearly shat my pants. So it wasn't until we were checking out our items at his register that I finally got to talk to him. He complimented me on my A7X guitar pick necklace and we got to talking about the band, how he got to takes shots with Syn and Zack when he went to see them 2 years ago (envious, right here). Stupid me, being nervous, I didn't say bye to him when we left. I felt like an idiot.

I went back a few days later and we waved to each other (I secretly was relieved that he recognized me), and every once in awhile we'd cast glances at each other or smiles and all the while I'm freaking out internally because I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to do. I checked out items on my own this time and talked to him for a bit, finding out that his name is Dan and he's 20, turning 21 in December. I told him my name and how relieved I am to be legal in 3 months. The age thing doesn't bother me honestly; my parents are 5 years apart and once I'm 18 it won't really matter how old the people are that I date. I see age as just a number.

I was in there again today and he remembered my name. We only talked for a few minutes but the same thing happened, with the glances and the smiling and me still freaking out like a damn schoolgirl. I'm hoping to get his number or something next time, but how does that work? Do I just give him my number? Do I ask him for his? I'm terrible at these sort of things.

All in all I'm hoping something good comes out of this.
November 25th, 2012 at 02:54am