My writing is probs too explicit for this. + would you vote for me?

So, I read Seventeen Magazine, and they're having a writing contest in which the winner wins $5,000 and their short story published on the Seventeen website as well as a phone call from some author I've never heard of and I can't remember her name.

But the rules.. they might limit me on my creativity. Everyone knows my writing is a little.. vulgar. Vile. Corrupt. Blunt. Crude. So many other negative words could describe it. And Seventeen might not be a fan of that.

One of the rules is: Submission must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be sexually explicit, obscene or indecent).

Oops. I don't have to worry about the sexually explicit part, but the obscene or indecent part? Uh. Houston, I think we have a problem.

I would like some clarification on what they deem to be "obscene" or "indecent." But it's probably everything that my writing stands for. Uh.

But I think I'll try to scrape something up, anyway, because I could really, really use the money. I need money for college, bad. That's why I'm hoping, that if I can get something together, that you'll all vote for my piece. The contest is on Figment, and you can log into the website through your Facebook or Twitter or even regularly with your email if you don't have an account already.

I JUST WANT TO WIN THIS SO BAD, YOU GUYS. I WANT TO WIN SO, SO, SO BADLY.

It would mean a lot to me if you guys could help me out with this.

I sound stupid considering I haven't even written it yet, but I'm racking my brain to pull out my best work, but I don't know. I DON'T KNOW I'M RAMBLING YOU GUYS.

I NEED TO WRITE.
BYE.
November 25th, 2012 at 05:18am