Why Shouldn't I?

Hello, everyone! So... I know I haven't updated anything this week, but let me explain!

First of all, there was this HORRIBLE exam that I had to study for all week. It was seriously impossible, and because my boyfriend is such an ass, he asked me if I wanted help and I couldn't refuse. So I think I got an F on it. Great.

I haven't been able to update anything, and, also, I have great and bad news. Great for me, bad for you. Erm... how do I put this...

I'm writing a book.

Now, you all will be like 'Duh, May, you're always writing books and stories!'

But no.

I mean... no.

This is NOT like my other stories.

I'm talking about no fanfiction, no singer, no stupid original that will be left out in the dark after two weeks... no.

Yesterday, while in science, I was talking to Danger (aka my boyfriend, aka, please, read my blog I, Non Omnnis Moriar, May, Am definitely in love) and he asked me if I had ever tried to do a real book. As in, center down, settle in front of my good ol' writing machine, and write a real book to finish it. And I told him that no, I had never tried. I haven't even been that long in the writing world. Barely half a year. So why should I try?

The question really was, why shouldn't I?

So I called Bea up, like always, and asked her about it. And she told me to do it. As in, sit down, in front of my good ol' writing machine, and... finish a book. Do an original. A REAL original.

Oh my, I'm so excited.

So I agreed. I closed myself today at morning in front of my writing machine and start to think of ideas. A lot came in. All of them had fantasy somehow. I thought about a boy falling in love with a vampire, which would turn around the cliche of girl for vampire. Then I thought about a girl who had a love triangle between a hunter and a wereworlf. Then I thought about making my own Tolkien World. Then I thought even harder and my brain exloded. So, as always, I went to mibba for help.

And just as I was about to ask chasing carousels; if she could help me out, I saw the review.

Fruits Basket.

To the ones reading this blog that don't know what Fruits Basket is, go on to the front page and read the review. It is a GREAT manga and a GREAT anime. It made me cry and laugh a lot of times. And I hardly cry with anime's because they're really dramatic and overly done. But this one had something. The main protagonist had everything that should make a MAry Sue but... it doesn't make her one. It's different. It's nice. It's READABLE. It's amazing.

So, with Fruits Basket in my mind, I began to form a story. One about the Chinese Zodiac. I am from the year of the dog, which made me think that I had some kind of connection with the protagonist, Tohru, who also is from the year of the dog. Then I searched for more information, for more things to think about, and I came up with a plot.

And I'm gonna do it.

But on FictionPress when it's done.

When. It's. Done.

So sorry to all of you, but unless it's a co story, I won't be updating. When I'm done, I'll update, but this REALLY has me thirsty for writing. I haven't felt this way since I finished the first chapter on Bloodstream and published it on Mibba. I feel... childish, somehow. I like it. It feels nice.

Maybe I'll publish it for real, who knows? All I know is that I have something to write. And I hope Danger and all of you guys like it when you read it.

Thoughts?
November 25th, 2012 at 11:41pm