I never thought I would defend Kristen Stewart but...

I'm about to do something I never thought I would do: defend Kristen Stewart.
I have no feelings about her as a person one way or the other, I just think she needs to introduce some actual facial expressions to her acting.Other than that, I've never cared before.
Now I just feel kind of sorry for her.

I saw some of the footage of her from the Twilight premier, and she looked spectacular in that sheer, gold dress. All anyone doing fashion commentary was interested in was calling her a home-wrecker. And while I may not care enough to research this, I'm willing to bet that it's a popular opinion.

Seriously, why does everyone care so much who she fucks?
She gets an opinion, whoever she's sleeping with gets an opinion and in the scandal that occurred recently her boyfriend and the guys wife get an opinion.
Possibly their family and friends.
If you're not any of those people, why do you care so much? Or at all?
I genuinely fail to understand what is so fascinating about the sex lives of 2 people you've never met.
Personally I struggle to raise that kind of interest in the sex lives of people I'm actually friends with.

How long are people going to keep going on about a mistake? She's hardly the first person in the world to fuck someone she shouldn't. And she's also definitely not the first 22 year old in the world to fuck someone they shouldn't.

And it's not just Kristen Stewart. I'm so sick of all this 'slut-shaming' bullshit. I know I've complained about the double standards in regards to sex before and yes I am about to do it again but it pisses me off. The double standards in regards to sex are a big enough problem without girls running around 'slut-shaming' each other.
We need to start respecting each other's decisions or nothing is ever going to change.
We need to stop making each other people feel like dirt just for making a decision or living a lifestyle we don't agree with.
And we definitely need to stop calling any woman who wears a short skirt or has sex outside a long term relationship a slut.

I wear revealing clothing and I enjoy casual sex.
I REFUSE to feel bad about those things and no one has the right to try and make me.
November 26th, 2012 at 07:35pm