Liars.

Here is the thing, dear reader. Lying is bad. This is something that has been taught to us from day one, so why oh why,do we continue to do it? This is my theory: People lie because they are scared. They are scared to face the truth, they are scared to face the reality of their situation, or they are scared of what could happen if they tell the truth, or they are just assholes(we'll get to them later). But let's start with the fraidy cats. SO. If you're afraid of any of the realities you will be faced with when telling the truth, the best advice I can give you, is THINK. If you were to be in the other persons shoes, would YOU want the truth, or would you want to be lied to? In most cases, I think that it would be truth. Now, to the assholes. If you are lying to someone JUST for the sake of lying to them, you are not doing anyone any favors. Not them, or yourself. If you are lying to someone and are knowingly doing so, and know that it is something "big", I feel bad for you. I feel bad that you couldn't stop for TWO SECONDS to think how the other person may feel when they find out you lied to them. It could very well break their heart, or worse, push them over the edge. PLEASE. Think. What do you gain from lying? Momentary comfort about not having to admit something? A safety net for things that you may have to face repercussions for? Life is full of situations where we are given the choice to lie, reader. It is up to us to decide what to do, and I hope from the bottom of my heart that you make the right decision.

DFTBA, reader.
-Ashley
November 28th, 2012 at 05:54am