Book Challenge - Day 19

Day 19 - My Opinion about the Perfect Book
For me, the perfect book would involve lots of characters; good and bad, all of a kind where I could empathise with their struggles. The bad characters would eventually either die if they were really, truly bad, or at least attempt to atone if they had some good left in them; and the good characters as well as the bad would all have some odd quirk. The plot would be long, but not boring - and quite complex, so the interest lies in never quite knowing what is going to happen. The writing would have to be grammatically perfect and have no spelling mistakes - it's a pet peeve of mine - and would be descriptive and poetic, but not dragged out. The setting would probably involve either a slightly-alternative universe, or an entirely fantastical world, unless it was a drama/tragedy set in the current place and time with an exceptional and exceptionally original plot. ...There are probably more things that would make an awesome book, but - you know what? - sometimes a nigh on perfect book can be the absolute opposite of what I've written here, just simply written well and with plenty of imagination.
November 28th, 2012 at 03:06pm