I hate writer's block.

I hate it. I really do. I haven't wrote anything awesome since August, when I finished my story Just A Dream. That's the best thing I've ever written, and I can't think of anything good to write. I mean, I've thought of some ideas. But I'm not invested in them. I'll be so excited at first and then I feel like I'm forcing myself to write them. I tried explaining this to my friend earlier today and he went, "I've never had a problem with writer's block. Just write."
Except, it's just not that simple. I can't just write. I have to want to write the story. I can't just say, "I want to write about a girl in a troubled home." I have to be interested in it and want to continue to write it. He doesn't understand that you have to want to continue with the idea and have some idea of where you want it to go and how you want to get there. I mean, I'm sure many people on here know what I'm talking about.
But I've went four months without writing, and I'm getting antsy. I want to write. But I have no ideas. I can't think of shit, and even when I look ideas up, nothing pops. Nothing jumps out and goes, "This is an awesome idea!" Nothing. Zip. Nada. It's just...merh. It sucks. I want to write. I want to write so bad.

Ugh. So J went to the movies with his friends this evening, although I have no idea when the movie was. So I've been resisting texting him all evening just because I can't be clingy or naggy or annoying, despite how bored I am. I mean, don't get me wrong. I don't need to talk to him. I can go without talking to him. I just want to because he makes me happy and he's sweet. But I won't be the girl who ruins it because she can't leave him alone for one evening.

And then, I had like 3 pages of pre-calc homework to do this evening, and I got 2 1/2 pages done, but I'm gonna finish the other before class tomorrow because I just couldn't work on it anymore. Urgh.

Goodnight, Mibbians (:
November 29th, 2012 at 03:24am