The Vampire Diaries Situation - Go Home, Stefan.

So I have a slight problem: I'm addicted to TV. I have some serious issues involving how much I focus on the non-reality area of television.

But that's not the issue I need to talk about right now. Years of therapy will probably be able to help me with that. Maybe.

So I watched last night's episode of Vampire Diaries, and if you haven't seen it yet, beware, this does contain spoilers. Starting now.

Elena and Damon finally, FINALLY, after seasons (for me) of waiting with baited breath of the culmination of all of the sexual tension that I myself personally have had to deal with, FINALLY, they're together. In a very explosive way - more explosive then she and Stefan have ever been.

And the stupid writers of Vampire Diaries had to go and ruin it. By making it seem like it's only the sire bond that Elena's feeling the effects of, not her deep and intoxicating love of Damon.

I have evidence to refute that, because hello, Elena had these feelings BEFORE she became a vampire, but let's focus on an argument my roommate tried to pose.

Damon and Elena: Explosive. All-consuming. Dangerous. Intoxicating.

She says it's not stable. She says that Elena would be better off with Stefan, who's dependable and sweet and whom she loves, but in a less fiery way.

FUCK that. Fuck safe, fuck dependable, fuck stable. This is TV. I'm supposed to be able to live vicariously through it, right? And I want the explosive.

So Stefan, stop trying to find a cure. I like Elena better as a vampire - she's not a pansy ass bitch.

And those are my thoughts.
November 30th, 2012 at 10:06pm